Thread: hydrogen peroxide

hydrogen peroxide

can you put hydrogen peroxide on external hemmroids?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I don't recommend putting H202 on any wounds. It is well known that H202 inhibits healing and only makes you think you are doing something good with all the foaming. If you need to put something on external hemorrhoids to sooth them, stick to a hemorrhoid cream such as Preparation H.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I don't recommend putting H202 on any wounds. It is well known that H202 inhibits healing and only makes you think you are doing something good with all the foaming. If you need to put something on external hemorrhoids to sooth them, stick to a hemorrhoid cream such as Preparation H.

(KLD)
    wow KLD, i never knew this. what sould you put hydrogen peroxide on?

Nothing. The only legitimate use of H202 currently is for oral care for people who have their jaws wired shut.

(KLD)

what about cleaning a fresh wound that has dirt in it?

Flush liberally with water or normal saline and pick out any pieces of grit or dirt. H202 is not appropriate for wounds...ever.

(KLD)

ACK! I've been using it on my knee boo-boo thinking the foaming was helping! Thought it would help my flaming roids....Thanks.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I've squirted H2O2 in my ears to clean out some tiny bits of dried skin and wax. My understanding is that H2O2 is an appropriate use for this.

It is OK for that Smokey, and there are products such as Debrox that have H202 on them, but this is not an open wound (and you would never want to use that in your ear if there were a chance that you had a perforated ear drum).

(KLD)

Step 1:
    Surfaces. Put hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and use it as all purpose cleaner. This can be used for appliances, counters, sinks, dish racks, and other surfaces in the kitchen. In addition, it can be used as cleaner in the shower, tub, toilet, and the bathroom sink. Spray the surface and wipe it clean for a fresh smelling and clean surface.
    Step 2:
    Floors. Use your spray bottle to spray the floor down and wipe it clean. Or add 1 cup of peroxide to 1/2 gallon of hot water and give your floor a really good scrubbing.
    Step 3:
    Toilets. Slosh hydrogen peroxide from the bottle up and around the rim of the toilet. Slosh additional hydrogen peroxide on your brush. Scrub the toilet as usual. This will kill bacteria and clean it sparkling. It is also a good idea to spray down any surfaces on top, down the sides, and around the base with hydrogen peroxide from your spray bottle for a very clean effect.
    Step 4:
    Mold and mildew. Hydrogen peroxide will kill mold and mildew without the harsh results of bleach. Spray on heavily to mold and mildew spots or stains and let sit for ten minutes. Scrub clean.
    Step 5:
    Dishes. Add 1/2 cup of peroxide to your dishwasher or dish water and have cleaner dishes. This will aid in the cleaning, add a sparkling touch, and will kill bacteria. Plus if it is used in a dishwasher it will help keep the dishwasher cleaner longer.
    Step 6:
    Laundry. Add a cap full (the white cap on the bottle) to the laundry with about 1/2 the normal amount of soap and you will have cleaner laundry that is also whiter. If you use bleach on your whites then replace the bleach with peroxide and wash as normal for white whites without the harm of bleach.
    Step 7:
    Stains. Peroxide can help remove organic stains from grout, cloth, and carpet. It can bleach so test the material in a place that isn't as easily seen. Then use it on the stain. Pour directly on stain, scrub clean with a brush and rinse well.
    Step 8:
    Sponges. Keep your sponges clean by soaking it in hydrogen peroxide and then letting it dry. You will want to leave it in dish of peroxide (it can be diluted for making it go father, use 50% water and 50% peroxide). Let soak five to ten minutes (or more). This will let the bacteria in the deep parts of the sponge get killed. Then let it dry in the air. Let it dry thoroughly before using again.

Hydrogen peroxide is inexpensive, easy to use, and can keep your house clean. Use it all over and you will have less bacteria without adding dangerous chemicals to your house. It is safe for people and their pets, won't harm the environment, and will still keep your house clean.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!