Inc.

UM/ Miami Project participation underway in Fall 2008

RILUZOLE

Acute SCI

Sponsor:
    North American Clinical Trials Network

UM/ Miami Project participation pending
    Jake's Pop

Acute !!!!!!!!! Why bother. 20 years and thats what there going to do.
    oh well

Thumbs up acute vs chronic

The less people that become chronic, the more resources that will be available to the chronics, the faster the chronic people will be treated, and have more chances to be first in line for trials and cures.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

Quote Originally Posted by giambjj View Post
    The less people that become chronic, the more resources that will be available to the chronics, the faster the chronic people will be treated, and have more chances to be first in line for trials and cures.

JJG
    wrong....when acute is cured, it would be cheaper to allow the chronics to die off versus developing a chronic cure.

Thumbs down capitizatation

DA:

When the cure comes closer to fruition pharmacological companies will jump on the chance to make money. There are 10s of millions of paralyzed people in China alone. Why do think Dr. Young has research and trials ongoing in China, because his Chinese dissent or he just like the food? Syndicalism will get you no where.

JJG
    Jake's Pop

Quote Originally Posted by giambjj View Post
    DA:

When the cure comes closer to fruition pharmacological companies will jump on the chance to make money. There are 10s of millions of paralyzed people in China alone. Why do think Dr. Young has research and trials ongoing in China, because his Chinese dissent or he just like the food? Syndicalism will get you no where.

JJG
    there isn't 10's of millions of people that is chronic sci in china. the number is less than 2 million, closer to 1 million. when you make up lies like that it hurts the sci efforts for a cure. you need to open your eyes to what is really going on. your dream scenario is just that, a dream.

I think DA has a point and its scary. If they found a acute cure for sci that could lead to the financial neglect of chronics. because if you think about it curing people at the acute stage would pretty wipe out paralysis for future generations and be considered a cure. us that dont qualify as acute may not be able to generate enough attention to receive farther research...

whats even scarier is that you will never hear a researcher say this because they know most of there support comes from chronics. i'm not saying we shouldn't be behind acute research I'm just saying take a look at it for a minute. an acute cure could possibly leave us stuck because its pretty easy to declare an acute cure a victory and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    I think DA has a point and its scary. If they found a acute cure for sci that could lead to the financial neglect of chronics. because if you think about it curing people at the acute stage would pretty wipe out paralysis for future generations and be considered a cure. us that dont qualify as acute may not be able to generate enough attention to receive farther research...

whats even scarier is that you will never hear a researcher say this because they know most of there support comes from chronics. i'm not saying we shouldn't be behind acute research I'm just saying take a look at it for a minute. an acute cure could possibly leave us stuck because its pretty easy to declare an acute cure a victory and move on.
    If you think that's a legitimate concern, just limit your suppoort to researchers working on chronic treatments. Dr. Young, Dr. Borgens, Dr. Jiang etc., all have chronic treatments in the pipeline that need funding.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity View Post
    If you think that's a legitimate concern, just limit your suppoort to researchers working on chronic treatments. Dr. Young, Dr. Borgens, Dr. Jiang etc., all have chronic treatments in the pipeline that need funding.
    I don't know if its a legitimate concern or not but i do think its a possibility...

Question All of ASIA

DA:

Sorry for my miss-quote. I meant all of Asia. No one knows the true number of paralyzed people in Asia, because the countries do not have the infrastructure to report them, or like China they intentionally hide their information.

Cheers;

Joe
    Jake's Pop