Thread: Dr. Wise Young

Dr. Wise Young

Dr. Wise

I started the 4-ap drug 3 weeks ago. After two weeks of 15mg a day I raised the dose to 30mg a day as you suggested. I've been on the new dose for 4 days now. Should I expect anything yet? I have increased sensory in my legs and back. It feels more entence than before. It's hard to explain I still have the burning and tingling feeling but I feel it with some light touch now. I also feel like I'm setting on a massager. I get this buzing feeling from my stomache down. I've notice that the areas that get touched the most are more senitive than the others. I only go to PT twice a week and I'm on the auto ambulator for those two days. Tomorrow will be the first day of PT that I've been to on my increased dose. Is there things that I can do at home to help things move along faster? My standing frame broke so I have no way to bare weight right now. Also will the 4-ap help with bladder and bowel? I read that it would so how long until I can see improvements? I don't want to get my hopes up I was wondering what I should exspect or if anything at all?

Thank you for any information.
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

Hey Shana, how did you get the 4-ap? I had never heard about 4-ap until I joined this forum and it seems like quite a few people are on it... how exciting!! I really want to try it, but I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!
    -april
    ~April

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined. Fortify yourself with contentment, for this is an impregnable fortress." Henry David Thoreau

Apeyjj,

It took me almost 10 months to get it. I finally bugged my PT to give it to me. My advise is to get all the info you can and give it to your nero, PT and doctor. Don't give up and wear them down.
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

Hi Shana,

I'm so happy for you; your persistence paid off!! I def need to be more demanding in a really nice way! I've been paralyzed for 17 yrs, would 4-ap work on me (incom C6/7)? I have a GP whom I'm going to ask about the 4-ap... I printed out the post that I think Dr. Wise Young posted about 4-ap and will give it to him... I have a rehab doctor, but haven't seen him in ages so I'm looking for a new doctor to help me with pain & all the paralyzed junk.

So how long have you been on 4-ap and what changes have you noticed? How did PT go? Were you able to see a difference?

-april
    ~April

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined. Fortify yourself with contentment, for this is an impregnable fortress." Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Dr. Wise

I started the 4-ap drug 3 weeks ago. After two weeks of 15mg a day I raised the dose to 30mg a day as you suggested. I've been on the new dose for 4 days now. Should I expect anything yet? I have increased sensory in my legs and back. It feels more entence than before. It's hard to explain I still have the burning and tingling feeling but I feel it with some light touch now. I also feel like I'm setting on a massager. I get this buzing feeling from my stomache down. I've notice that the areas that get touched the most are more senitive than the others. I only go to PT twice a week and I'm on the auto ambulator for those two days. Tomorrow will be the first day of PT that I've been to on my increased dose. Is there things that I can do at home to help things move along faster? My standing frame broke so I have no way to bare weight right now. Also will the 4-ap help with bladder and bowel? I read that it would so how long until I can see improvements? I don't want to get my hopes up I was wondering what I should exspect or if anything at all?

Thank you for any information.
    Shana,

You should feel the sensory improvement pretty quickly, within a day. Motor function may take longer to reach their peak but, if they occur, some increase in strength or reduction in fatigue of muscles should be apparent within a few days.

Wise.