Thread: W.

W.

Just saw it last night.

Brolin nailed Bush. Oliver Stone puts another one up there with JFK and Nixon.

Anybody else catch this movie yet?
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    Anybody else catch this movie yet?
    Not yet, but thanks for the review. I've seen some online reviews
    that didn't have much good to say about it. I was going to see it
    anyway though.

My dad and I want to see it. He hates Bush, and ironically, doesn't think Obama is up for the job either, yet accuses me of being the cynic. Oh well!

I was disappointed in Oliver Stone. I think he went way too easy on ol' W.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Smile

Loved it but Richard Dreyfuss made Cheney look downright cuddly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    Not yet, but thanks for the review. I've seen some online reviews
    that didn't have much good to say about it. I was going to see it
    anyway though.

Yeah, I went onto Youtube and looked up the trailer and some of the comments were 50-50. I wanted to see this anyways so I did. I actually liked it. There were a couple of parts where it got a little derailed (the actors seemed more like impersonators than actors in character).

One thing I didn't much care for were all of the Bush-isms just strewn throughout the movie. Stone could have strategically placed a couple, but he went overboard, in my opinion.

It has been a long time since I have seen a two hour movie which felt like an hour and 15 minutes.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

I was not real crazy about it. I felt the guy who played G.W father was nothing like his father as much as I liked that Actor in the show "Six Feet Under". I felt Dryfus was not the right guy to play Cheney either. They portrayed Laura as a absolute doll and I guess she really is that way in real life so that was good. I did feel he went too easy on G.W though with all the screw ups he has made as Prez, I thought the movie shoulda got into more of his blunders.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I agree that he was way too easy on Bush, but it was not too bad for anyone who knows nothing about this president. I was kind of wishing it would end, towards the last of it because we all know our history and it was kid of dragging on and on.