Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baclofen

Cool

on my 3rd baclofen pump. great invention, no side effects as it does not go into the blood stream. it goes straight to the spinal cord. Just out of curiousity I had my first one installed in 95. anyone start this therapy earlier?

I've been on Baclofen and Dantrium twice daily for 22 years and have had no ill effects at all.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow." - Mario Andretti

I didn't start getting recovery until I stopped taking Baclofen. I replaced it with exercise/standing/stretching - anything to tire out my legs.
    Not only did I start getting physical recovery when I stopped taking meds but I had twice the motivation, energy etc and just feel better about life in general.
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

reactions to baclofen

one of my doctors prescribed baclofen for lower back spasm and pain. a new doctor took me off baclofen because he said it was bad for the heart. i had 2 heart attacks, the second one of lesser degree. i still take it when i'm desperate for relief but i'm wondering what's going to happen. any advice would be deeply appreciated.

baclofen would work well for me, except it also affects my blood glucose levels in a bad way so I cant take it. I went back to smoking weed, but recently tried a thc garlic oil and it works well.

I've been taking up to 120mg of Baclofen daily for a few years now, my usual dose is 50mg twice daily, but if I know I'm going to be unusually active I take the extra 20mg.

The muscle tone in my legs, spasms/ankle clonus has recently got worse and on my last appt with my neuro he suggested I try Zanaflex as he was reluctant to increase the Baclofen further. I expected it to be a replacement for Baclofen but no, it's to be taken alongside. I'm currently ramping up the Zanaflex (on 6mg atm) and beyond the drowsiness, so far so good, it's working better than I expected.

I'm due for a liver function test in the next 10 or so days as Zanaflex can seemingly cause issues and all being well in that respect, I'll be able to step up to 8mg a day.

Ian

i take 30 mg of baclofen 4 times a day, zanaflex 2 times a day and valium 10mg at night and 20 in the morning.

i was a candidate for the pump, but my spine is calcified, so the needle couldn't penetrate to put the catheter.

this combo of meds keeps my spasms under control and i have been taking it for years with no major problems

lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Quote Originally Posted by Lola_wheelie View Post
    i take 30 mg of baclofen 4 times a day, zanaflex 2 times a day and valium 10mg at night and 20 in the morning.

i was a candidate for the pump, but my spine is calcified, so the needle couldn't penetrate to put the catheter.

this combo of meds keeps my spasms under control and i have been taking it for years with no major problems

lola
    i used to take zanaflex but had a reaction to it, it lowered my heart rate too much. Was in the hospital and they could not wake me up, dropped the zanaflex and been fine since. I take 40mg baclofen 2x a day, I didn't take anything until a flap surgery 4 years ago, now I'm hooked on all sorts of stuff. I find pot works better.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

There are many options for spasms and hopefully people can find what works for them with fewest side effects. Nothing is a perfect solution.

AAD