Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save Someone's Next Best Friend Today

Arrow Save Someone's Next Best Friend Today

Dear Friends,

This is a cause dear to my heart. I spent a lot of growing up time in Vandalia. While my hometown is in Wisconsin three of my grandparents were born in Vandalia and two lived their entire lives there. Dating in the county was difficult during summer breaks as I'm probably related to 3 out of 4 Vandalians. NOT that that would have stopped me...LOL Fayette County is also the poorest county in the state of Illinois. Please pass this on and vote daily until December 14th. Especially vote tomorrow, Sunday the 26 so 2nd Chance wins the first in numbers for the week.

www.animalrescuesite.com

This is a great family project to do with kids as this site also supports feeding the hungry, free or low cost mammagrams, literacy, child health and rain forests. So please do the daily click dance for 2nd Chance Animal Rescue of Vandalia, Illinois. This is a rescue or shelter's chance to win from $1,000. to $25,000. Lynn has worked so hard on this that after you click on the "it's free" and get to page 2 where at the top you click for your shelter (in search choose IL and Vandalia) then click on 2nd Chance when it come up; you'll get a picture of an animal to identify in small case like tiger, mouse, frog, cat, etc., then you'll get to your vote is confirmed page and this is where her hard work has paid off. Scroll down to the top 10 shelters by voters. The other two registered rescues in Illinois are in Chicago and the Rockford areas. Vandalia is in Fayette County with a total population of 29,000 people. Nationally they are number 3 while my local shelter, well funded by any standards, Howard County, MD, population 288,000 is number 8! Make the number 14 at last count.

Lynn wants to win the $1,000 state prize to pay for propane heat this winter. If you all vote until December 14th, every day, she could get that $10,000 runner up prize. I want her group, she had 5 dedicated helpers along the way, to win that prize. That would mean a free spay and neuter clinic and they know who the poor folks who own the overly studly hound or sleazy cat are and can let them save their pride with personal calls and save the lives of all those litters that aren't wanted.

Lynn knows times are tough. They just got news that the local minimum security "farm" is closing and that means Walmart and the county will be the largest employers soon. So please, just click daily. Thanks so much Everyone!

Sue
    Pendleton
    Lynn Brown
    2nd Chance Animal Rescue
    618-283-0898
    618-267-4002
    www.2ndchancevandalia.com

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thanks for the reminder ...... I see they are still in first place!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Bump, I've been clicking on this site for years. One click equals .6 bowls of food for sheltered animals. Do it!

I didn't know about this site but did vote and will continue to vote and click for the food.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Thanks Sue, will vote.

Thanks everyone! We thought 2nd Chance had the week last week and out of nowhere comes SBARKY. All these rescues are great but some are more needy or the only show in town. 2nd Chance is the only hope in Fayette County unless a lost pet is found at animal control with a name and number on the collar or a microchip. For the boxes of puppies, kittens and strays without ID they have 3 days to be adopted. After that they are normally euthanised because the county can't afford to feed them or give any care. The few pets up for adoption on the 2nd Chance web site is not because they don't have a lot of strays or litters. All the animals are given full check ups, all vaccines, microchipped, fostered if behavior is a problem before being put up for adoption. In one rather expensive save a 2 year old dachshund on her third pregnancy was turned over (or the owner of the almost puppy mill would go to jail) very pregnant and there was a big question on whether a pitbull was the father or another dachshund. If dad was a pit the doxie would have had to be put down as she was heartworm postitive to boot. You cannot give general anesthesia to heartworm positive dogs. And this mom would have needed a C section. Well, out came money from Lynn's pocket to pay for a special ultrasound to determine the pups' sizes. Dad it seems was another doxie. But once the pups were delivered and weaned Mom could finally be treated for her heartworm infestation. Mom is now happily living in the Chicago area and all the pups have been adopted and are in good homes now also.

This rescue is lucky. It has the cooperation of the local Chief of Police. That goes along way in charging someone with cruelty versus neglect. Again, thanks for the clicks. Was that a loud bark I heard? Oh, hi Matt!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thanks for that, Sue. I don't know how it works, but it doesn't hurt to remember to click on it. Oh, howdy.

I will try to make it a daily habit.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I will try to make it a daily habit.
    That's all we can do. Keep trying to make changes.

*Click*

Cool, now a sticky.