Thread: To All Permobil C500 VS owners: Should I wait for my vendor and Permobil rep?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To All Permobil C500 VS owners: Should I wait for my vendor and Permobil rep?

I just received my Permobil C500 stander yesterday, everything is great except for one issue. When the chair was delivered and the chair was in standing mode the front casters were not touching the ground. The chair felt like it was going to tip over. Trying frantically to figure out the situation, my vendor called the regional Permobil representative only to get her voicemail. After leaving a messege on her voicemail, my vendor called Permobil and told a technician of the issue. The techncian told my vendor to press a certain combination of buttons to limit the standing angle of the chair. This new standing angle does not allow the chair go into a full vertical standing position. The chair came with documentation entitled "IMPORTANT!!! Please Preform All Steps in this Document when Delivering the VS Standing Seat"My question is, should I try to reset the standing angle using these instructions (would this void the warranty?), or should I wait and let my vendor and/or Permobil regional rep reset the angle?
    Last edited by stuck1; 10-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.