Thread: stair lift

stair lift

Hey all I am looking for a stair lift to take me from upstairs to my basement, anyone know someone who has one they want to get rid of....please anyone i really want to get one but don't have the 2k for a new one....

Stair Lift to Go To My Basement

Quote Originally Posted by redroc2 View Post
    Hey all I am looking for a stair lift to take me from upstairs to my basement, anyone know someone who has one they want to get rid of....please anyone i really want to get one but don't have the 2k for a new one....
    Hey Redroc2,
    Does your state have a brain and spinal cord injury program? If so, may be they would put one in for you. Also would you use the stairlift to work at home? If so may be your state Vocational Rehabilitation might put one in for you.

Are you a veteran? If you are ask the VA for one.

Good luck in your search for the stair lift.

Check out eBay. I have seen them for sale there. It is a straight stair or is there a landing/switchback involved?

(KLD)

Like KLD wrote , eBay or craigslist. I got a 4 year old lift that cost $2,000 new for $100 and they threw in a manual wheel chair. Had to go to Albany N.Y. to get it. 14 hours there and back. Spent more on gas and tolls. The str8 lifts are cheap. Only problem with feebay is they usally won't ship it. You will have to find one close and go get it. Craigslist would be close by. Do a search for the "stair lifts" in the biggest cities by you. Are there any big cities in S.D.? lol
    Last edited by kenf; 10-31-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    oh well