Thread: back angle on zra

back angle on zra

hello all i have a question about the back angle of your chairs mine is about 85 degrees and seems like its pushing me forward i have 3 inches of dump in the chair and chair length is 18 thanks for any help it seems to put pressure on my bladder
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

possibly lower the back, i have mine at 90 deg but the back is low enough to not feel like its shoving me forward (can still lean back). if your back is adjustable you could go back one screw space.... but then you might not have much support when pushing up inclines. i have zero trunk so i need the support on inclines, just noticed youre a para so you could be ok with more tilt when going uphill....
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Since back angle is measured relative to the ground and not the frame (90 degrees would be perpendicular), 85 degrees would be pushing you forward. Considering that your seat dump makes your seat-to-back angle even less than 85, you may be sitting with too much hip flexion which could, in theory, compress your bladder.

As Landon suggests, lowering the back may help--especially if the top edge is currently higher then your lumbar curve.

The reality is, however, that most of us probably have back angles set at 90 or more. Of those who don't, many probably have some sag in their upholstery to be able to lean back a bit. If you do increase your back angle, beware of the effect the adjustment may have on your COG. Even a minor adjustment on a cantilevered rigid frame can have a big impact on stability.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    The reality is, however, that most of us probably have back angles set at 90 or more.
    Very true...I felt as though I was being pushed forward so they moved mine to a 92 degree angle....much better!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

thanks for the replys i think its that hip flexior thing
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]