Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I survived Disneyland...barley

THanks for sharing. You have a great looking family.

I had a good experience at Disneyworld except for Tower of Terror. I have to say that was the scariest ride ever (of course we did it at night too).

The Grand Californian is a neat place to stay. We only live 30 minutes away from Disneyland but its a whole different experience when you stay there for the weekend. I haven't been there since they re-opened Space Mountain.

Did you also go to California Adventure? I actually prefer that to Disneyland now having gone there so many times since I was a kid myself. "Soaring over California" is a real neat ride.

You kidded about a second broken neck. Stay away from the wooden rollen coaster at Knott's Berry Farm. I really got concerned during the ride. It was very rough.

Congrats on making the trip. I'm sure it will be easier the next time...

Evonne, trips like that are very bittersweet. I'm glad you did it for the sake of your family. It's still important that your kids see their mama try and do things with them, especially your son. (those two girls are yours, aren't they? I only thought you had the son before).Even if you're frowning underneath those smiles.

You're getting on with your life girl, it's far from easy but the only thing
    you can do!You'll look back and feel so fortunate you did things like this and I'm sure the next trip will be easier-I hope.

You are really pretty.

Yes, Disney World can be a bitch after SCI, too.

Glad you made it there Evonne, good looking family you have. I know what your saying that its not what it use to be in going to places like Disney, but it is still nice being there, same with places like the beach etc. Just keep on doing as much as you can and going as many places as you can.

What always gets me about Disney is they really should give people in wheelchairs a break on the ticket price like say half off or something. I've been to both Disneyworld and Disneyland and theres a lot of rides and things you cant do and some of the transfers are impossible, they wont give you any help getting on to rides either as its against their policy due to liability.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Quote Originally Posted by gvinton View Post

Did you also go to California Adventure? I actually prefer that to Disneyland now having gone there so many times since I was a kid myself. "Soaring over California" is a real neat ride.

yes, we did both parks. love Soarin over CA aswell. thanks for stoppin by and sayin hello

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post

What always gets me about Disney is they really should give people in wheelchairs a break on the ticket price like say half off or something. I've been to both Disneyworld and Disneyland and theres a lot of rides and things you cant do and some of the transfers are impossible, they wont give you any help getting on to rides either as its against their policy due to liability.
    yeah i agree, the transfer were difficult for me and i can walk a little. i did not go on too many rides. i was more worried about the fast, jerky rides. Afraid to mess up my neck fusion. 1/2 price woulds been cool

E
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome