Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "It's Time to Make Our Own Miracle"

Lief: All I have is hope...what else is there?
    I realize there is no short cut to fixing chronic SCI, my hope is to try to organize and focus our efforts to move the most promising work to trials sooner than later.

As you know the main research funds are focused acute injuries not chronics, we need to use what funds are available for chronic research efficiently and by having a community wide focus and plan I believe we can achieve that.

Faster Now:
    I agree on a collaborative effort, no one person can accomplish this.
    Let's get started.......
    I agree with you on identifying a mission statement and formulating a business plan that makes sense for everyone.

I think anyone interested in helping should PM use their emails and we can stat working on this outside this forum.

Smirking1:
    I am Rick James B*tch

we are all in this totether so is some one going to set some thing up and push on if not we will here in a other 5 year's or more i susgest some one set's up a supports culb get's the money in than we give can give it to the best trial's going so than we are than up to date of what is going on than we might get human trial's a lot faster

hi rick and others,

i've started reaching out to some smaller foundations with this concept and would suggest others do this, i would bet theres a small group near you.

as for chronic research the main players are davies and kierstead is that not right?
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

i will give my left nut and pinky toes to kierstead if that it what it takes. out of all the propoganda here he seems to be working for US. it is a shame he has to spend so much time on the road beating his own drum to keep the $ flowing.....if i could give anymore to someone it would be him.

hi smirking1,

save that one vital nut

what u could do is contact NY's SCI Research council, i don't off hand know the site

but anyway let them know how you feel and strongly urge them to find away to help these chronic guys, i am pretty sure money needs to be spent in state, but some researchers from NY could contact these guys to maybe do some leg work.

i think it's called working together

screw state lines

Quote Originally Posted by smirking1 View Post
    i will give my left nut and pinky toes to kierstead if that it what it takes. out of all the propoganda here he seems to be working for US. it is a shame he has to spend so much time on the road beating his own drum to keep the $ flowing.....if i could give anymore to someone it would be him.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    hi rick and others,

i've started reaching out to some smaller foundations with this concept and would suggest others do this, i would bet theres a small group near you.

as for chronic research the main players are davies and kierstead is that not right?
    Don't forget the Neurogel Project (Some very serious people are involved: Dr. Decherchi, Dr. Sykova, Pr. Gorio, Dr. Borgens and more...) www.neurogelenmarche.org
    gretchen 1

Some great ideas here, thanks for starting this. As an aside, I think a thread, perhaps a sticky, detailing each foundation that supports chronic research may be a useful resource?

Will PM you Rick.

Don't forget Dr. Young ....

Sorry that I have not responded for a few days, my kid is keeping me buried with all of his stuff. He did another trialthalon over the weekend in San Diego with the www.challengedathletes.org foundation and now he's been invited to go to Florida next week to do the 1/2 Ironman World Championships, so we need to prepare for that, never a dull moment.

Anyway know that I am 100% committed to this and I appreciate the help from everyone that has volunteered.

There are a lot of great Ideas and feed back comming in and if you would like to help send me your email in a PM as we are going to get started in the planning off line via emails.

Let's Rock....
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rjames View Post
    Lief: All I have is hope...what else is there?
    I realize there is no short cut to fixing chronic SCI, my hope is to try to organize and focus our efforts to move the most promising work to trials sooner than later.

As you know the main research funds are focused acute injuries not chronics, we need to use what funds are available for chronic research efficiently and by having a community wide focus and plan I believe we can achieve that.
    Hello Rick. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound too negative above. I think what you are doing is great, I just meant to say you are heading for a lot of hard work, which btw is much appreciated. And I think there is more than hope, I think it is quite realistic to fix a SCI, and because of that I am surprised that not more peoples are working for SCI cures. I would imagine that we all would be like crazy having it here as fast as possible. Good luck with the organizing over there. I’m doing what I can at this end.