Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loss of hope

His life, his decision. Why so many harsh feelings?

It reminds me of Ozymandias. Sure he was loved and is missed, but there wasn't anything in this world that was keeping him with us. His mother cried and pleaded with him. He had support from all around, but just didn't want to live in his condition.

At least in the end the rugby player was able to have his parents with him when he died. It's a terrible situation and I hope his loved ones can find peace with his decision.
    Last edited by doingtimeonmyass; 10-21-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: changed a couple words

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
    His life, his decision. Why so many harsh feelings?

It reminds me of Ozymandias. Sure he was loved and is missed, but there wasn't anything in this world that was keeping him with us. His mother cried and pleaded with him. He had support from all around, but just didn't want to live in his condition.

At least in the end the rugby player was able to have his parents with him when he died. It's a terrible situation and I hope his loved ones can find peace with his decision.
    i guess everyone feels he took the cowardly way out. i am c4-5 post +22 years....not a hour goes by that i dont say #@$%$% sci. thats a lot of #@$%# sci every hour for 22 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    i guess everyone feels he took the cowardly way out. i am c4-5 post +22 years....not a hour goes by that i dont say #@$%$% sci. thats a lot of #@$%# sci every hour for 22 years.
    I hear ya.

So do I, but
    i guess everyone feels he took the cowardly way out.
    I don't agree on this.

Some of you People sure are Something. You may not agree, But NoOne should critize His Descion!! Even Those with Similar Conditions, Because Everyone is Different. Only He Knew what he was Going threw.

His Descion is Very Admirable. Prevention of wear and tear on his family alone is something of a selfless act.
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

There is no reason to knock him for what he did, there is not one day where I wish I could do that. C3 quad 12 years... as long as the family members can make peace with the situation & believe he is in a better place. I have made it through 12 years, open-heart surgery, flap surgery, kidney stones, the list goes on, how much can a human body & mind handle, including putting your family through all of this. You say he took the easy way out... how many more times are you going to hear the cure is almost here? What is the definition for almost?? Five years 10 years? I almost hit the lotto...
    keiffer66

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post

His Descion is Very Admirable. Prevention of wear and tear on his family alone is something of a selfless act.
    now that is a very scary sentiment in my opinion and very different from an inability to ultimately deal with one's injury for themselves.

if people can't see the difference, imo, they have lost the ability to cope with whatever hits their family. would you let your 12 yr old kill herself because she feels she's a burden on her family? that's the message you just sent.

this isn't about cure, but care. why is this in cure forum?

ask yourself this: what made him think he was living as a "second class citizen?"
    Last edited by cass; 10-22-2008 at 02:58 AM.

^^ Well said. 100% agree ^^
    "When it rains I am thankful I can feel the raindrops". Mr D. Wright

"Tonight we dine in hell". Leonidas 300

kickingber
    "ask yourself this: what made him think he was living as a second class citizen?" Maybe it was the fact that he can't feed himself,dress himself,put himself to bed,get out of bed, walk, wipe his own ass, ect. I say if he wanted to punch out that was and, should be his choice and, his choice alone. I admire him and his family. Who are we to judge, it was his choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    i guess everyone feels he took the cowardly way out.
    No, not everyone.