Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loss of hope

Loss of hope

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1826583.ece

The grieving parents of paralysed rugby player Danny James last night told of their decision to help their beloved son die — at the heartbreakingly young age of 23.
    "His death was an extremely sad loss for his family, friends and all those that cared for him, but no doubt a welcome relief from the prison he felt his body had become and the day-to-day fear and loathing of his existence.”

After only 18 months? At 18 months my co-workers were still expecting me to return to work soon, some I think may still feel that way now.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

his death was an extremely sad loss for his family, or just relief............
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

WTF? loss of hope? no, loss of MIND.

Ignorant people->stupid decisions.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Original thread here.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Sad news. Sounds like he was probably a C4-5 injury?

Too bad he gave up so soon.

I'm sure that his parents are heartbroken.

bad decision when they are talking about clinical trials and all the progress they have made so far..

kickingber
    I hope not, but maybe their smarter than us?

Maybe there's more to the story...
    I hope that his story wont be forgotten, and be a constant reminder for people who research in SCI and people who oppose the very same research, what challenges, as survivors, many of us face - everyday.
    My heart goes out to his family.

You can't judge that guy or that family. One thing I've learned is that no one can tell someone else what there limits are. whats hell for me or you may be bearable for others and vice versa. i find it annoying when people tell me how i should feel about things...