Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you from an injured one

Originally posted by WM:

You've already made me laugh with that clip of Elaine dancing in the another thread! So, I'm thinkin' you must be a pretty fun lady to be around so please continue to post, if not for yourself then for me---someone who needs a bunch of laughs these days! And please, if you feel like it, share you times when you don't feel like laughing and I'm thinking you'll find more than one shoulder to support you here, and that DOES NOT make you a cry baby! If so, then I'm a cry baby too, but if anyone calls either of us a cry baby, I'll kick their arse and show them who the REAL cry baby is!
    Oh, I have Elaine's dance moves and I can shake my tailfeather like her. Actually, I think I look more like Beavis and Butthead dancing, but alas, I tried.

That's why I came here--similar support and to learn. I am on another message board, and while we are like a family and help each other out, I am the only person on the board that is physically disabled. While they are all supportive, they just don't understand and I didn't feel like whining to them about my stuff. They don't know about the incontinence and other problems, and I don't know that they would understand so I don't go there.

I, for one, appreciate you for telling your story. Your'e obviously one tough lady and a hell of a fighter and I admire that. But, even the toughest of people need a bit of support sometime.

Your hubby and son sound like pretty cool folks too!

Welcome!
    I've been fighting my whole life and I am really starting to get worn down. I don't like saying anything to my husband because then he feels guilty. It doesn't take much to depress him so I try to keep my chin up. June 27 is his ex wedding anniversary. Usually if I can get him to July 4, he does pretty good. But, from Feb to the end of June he's downright hard to cope with. I was hoping the members here - whether caregivers or recipients - would have tips to keep us together. Not that we are splitting, but I don't want to damage a good marriage. This is teh first relationship I've been in where I haven't been looking for something better the whole time -- simply because I wasn't happy and settled. I didn't settle this time and I want to keep it.

My son is crazy. He wants to pimp my ride. "Don't worry mama, well have you rollin on 20s with spinners and undercarriage neon." OMG. So, I had to correct him. "For your information, I am rolling on Twista 25s and my purple is pimpin so nice I don't need the neon." Crazy kid. I tease him constantly that he is "medium pimpin" since he has a whole dalla-fity in his pocket. "Moooooooommmm!"

My husband is finding the humor in our situation. He has great plans for strapping floatations to my chair and pushing me off a boat dock. It serves the purposes: wash me, wash the chair, and enable me to fish/swim while being secure. He calls it the USS Noodle. Noodle is his nickname for me. When I lost my balance and tumbled down the river bank into the water, he called me Wet Noodle for weeks. He was doing the happy dance the other day because for once in his life he is taller than me. I was 5'10 when we met - he was 5'4. When we got our family pics taken, he would dig holes for me to stand in then pile rocks up by my leg for him to stand on and the boy would stand infront to hide the mess. Therefore, he looked like he was taller. Even in our wedding pics when we are standing, I wore no shoes and bent my knees for some pics--he wore heeled cowboy boots.

Doug,

they aren't all like our spouses tho. The bf in high school that I thought I couldn't live without was talking to a friend of mine back home (not realizing that I kept in contact with this person), and said I was in a chair and he was glad he left me 20 years ago so he didn't have to deal with me. What the heck?

Exhubby said as much, altho his approach was that he can't handle the thought of me being in a chair. Shoot, he thought I faked asthma for attention (jerk). I can imagine what he would think of what I go through now.

Nope, some people are definitely special that's for sure!

Let me also add ...Welcome Jadis ... you certainly have been down the road haven't you?!! You may find some especially helpful info on the Pain forum .. be sure to check it out some time ...

We have our ups and downs here at CC but I think its safe to say most who visit feel its the best on the net for info, support and yes ... even a little entertainment !!! Just ask Shaun ... although he doesn't hardly ever share his popcorn ...

Obieone

Yes, I have read a lot in the Pain forum. I have recently started having problems with the last two fingers on both hands (pinky/ring) curling up on their own. Dunno what that is about. I did find that it's tied to the nerves at C8, but that's all I know. It feels like fire shooting down my arms and when they curl I can't straighten them. I will ask my therapist on Wed.

I like shaun, he makes me laugh. no sharing the popcorn?