Thread: How our lives have changed

How our lives have changed

I came across a tape from 2001 yesterday. When I watched it I saw Jesse walking and then I told him about it today and mentioned a few other things that were on this tape. It surprised us both that in those 7 years since I took it so many things have happened to our family. Jesse was hurt, my mother in law, who was also in the video, went from an amazing 87 year old to having alzheimers and living in a home, my other friend in the video is now living in a nursing home, my mother died, my precious little puppy died, my brother in law quit our business, I got breast cancer, three of my uncles died, we moved from the farm after living there for 26 years into town, Bert got married , and now I am a grandma. Wow, the more I think about it the more I realize how much has changed in my life.
    I was just wondering, does everyones life change as much as that??

I'm sorry for all the pain you've had recently. {hugs}

It hit me alot in the late 70's.

My dad died of heart congestion.
    6 months truck fell on my brother & killed him.
    6 months later my mom died of liver cancer.
    6 months later my sister died of breast cancer.
    a few months later my last grand parent died. grandmother
    I divorced my husband 2nd time.

That was in 2 1/2 yrs & now paralyzed.

Yeah things can change in a blink of an eye.

Yeah, I guess it does. In the 4 years since my son's injury,
    both my husband and lost our fathers,
    mine to a alzheimers and a long nursing home stay,
    my neice had a baby (a good thing) and married a moron (NOT a good thing),
    we've moved 2ce
    both of changed jobs,
    sold our house of 12 years
    my son's best friend died (he was only 22 )
    His next best friend is in rehab - again - after pleading out a felony conviction
    A good friend died of prostat cancer
    etc.
    A lot can happen in 4 years. Some of it good, some not so good. Time marches on, I suppose.
    BeeBee

The last 4 years has been a big change. I got a lot worse and lost the walking part and can't get rid of the UTIs. Two of my children have moved out of the house. I had to change appartment because of the chair. I lost my job because of the chair. My father, two uncles and two aunts and a friend have died and my mother is in a nursing home with Alzheimer, so there is no family left. And all my girlfriends has moved. One to Sweden, one to another part of Norway and two out of town to the suburbs.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Of course it does. It's called Life. We all have lists as we get older.
    people are born
    People die.
    Marry, divorce, get sick, get better
    Do dumb ass things, find cures, win lottos, become bankrupt yadda yadda
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

A couple years ago I can remember telling my new doctor (almost bragging actually ) that there was no history of cancer in my family, now I hate filling out those family history forms.

But as many sad times there are in our lives there are happy times, I just try to ride out the happy times for as long as I can.

I do this sort of reflection too Jesse's Mom ! I know it's true that "it's life" but every once in a while it's when we stop to look back we're surprised at how much happens in such a short period of time ... births, deaths, runaways ...... the memories can be bittersweet and sometimes they remind us just how strong we can be and didn't even know it or how far we've come. How often have you thought to yourself ..... "how on earth did I/we do that???? or get through that???? ..... yet somehow we do ..... over and over again !!

Life's what happens while we're busy making other plans - J Lennon

Be well
    Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I guess you have to take the good with the bad...definitely called "life". This little grandson of mine has helped a tremendous amount. Jesse doing well (aside from these sweating issues) makes living possible. My post wasnt so much leading down a negative road but just surprising how much can really happen in a relatively short amount of time. Glad I had some good things thrown in there with the sad things.

Six years since my son's injury
    Lost my best friend to breast cancer
    Lost my sweeet little dog Roxi
    I have now a 10 month old sweet grandson Hendrix.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse's Mom View Post
    I came across a tape from 2001 yesterday. When I watched it I saw Jesse walking and then I told him about it today and mentioned a few other things that were on this tape. It surprised us both that in those 7 years since I took it so many things have happened to our family. Jesse was hurt, my mother in law, who was also in the video, went from an amazing 87 year old to having alzheimers and living in a home, my other friend in the video is now living in a nursing home, my mother died, my precious little puppy died, my brother in law quit our business, I got breast cancer, three of my uncles died, we moved from the farm after living there for 26 years into town, Bert got married , and now I am a grandma. Wow, the more I think about it the more I realize how much has changed in my life.
    I was just wondering, does everyones life change as much as that??
    I think so. My life is very different yet I am responding today.