Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I am always cold.

I am always cold.

I'm a C4/5 and am almost always cold. The only time I'm warm is if I sit in the sun on a summer day or when I'm in bed.

I sit by the fireplace in the evenings and keep a ceramic heater on my office desk running from 7am to 5pm.

This makes going to meetings and seminars difficult as I can't concentrate if my teeth are chattering.

Anyone have similar issues with feeling cold and has anyone got a solution? Drugs? Electric underwear powered by 24volts?

I use to wear sweatshirts in the summer when I was first injured. I now actually get warm and overheat in the summer. As for winter, I stay cold-in the fall too.

Me too. I dread Winters because from knees down I'm freezing. Wonder if it's circulation to the lower extremities?
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

lately i've been obnoxiously cold. 3 nights in a row...it always happens at night for me so i don't get that. I have a heater on, 2 thick blankets, a heated neck pillow, and hot chocolate and STILL i'm cold. Is there anything else i can do besides lighting myself on fire?
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

I am t7-8 and I get cold very easily as well. And once I am cold it takes a long time to finally warm up. (hours)

Sometimes I think that it isn't as much being cold, as b/c of lack of sensation, I don;t feel warm, and logically that is interpreted as cold.

Then other times, I know I am just freezing!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Drugs won't help. I'm a C7 and always cold as well. Dress properly (turtle neck, Under Armor, layers), try to position yourself in a warm spot near a heat source or in the sun and try not to sit near a cold spot, vent or open window. My legs are always ice cold when I go to bed. When I drive the heat comes on full blast....others are roasting but I'm comfortable. I would stick a sharp stick in my eye if my old lady would agree to move south somewhere.

Add me to the cold crowd. Maybe we should all get together for some "just friends" spooning! Meds can actually make it worse I'm told. I wear a stocking cap October through March.

Someone should start an "I'm Always Cold!" group, I'd join!

Like sjean, once I'm cold it takes forever to warm up. I try to overheat myself (scarves, hats, etc.).

Exercising warms me up. Alcohol warms me up. The sun is my best friend.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Lol...

I have to laugh while reading these because it's the exact same way I feel, and no one understands how I can be so cold... in the winter I'm usually piled in blankets when I am at home and have everyone sweating because the heater is on. And when it is sunny outside I am the happiest person, like gotwheels,... the sun is my best friend! I just make sure I pile on the sunscreen now