Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for lightest wheelchair on the planet!

Looking for lightest wheelchair on the planet!

Could it be the Lasher Sport Wheelchair?? I understand it may be the most expensive option, but if that means I'm getting the lightest wheelchair...I will take it. Any other suggestions for the lightest wheelchair out there?
    Thanks for reading

spend some time searching the equip forum. lots of info here. config and spec have much to do with weight. a highly optioned lasher will out weigh a sparsely spec'd tilite.
    size too...a 20x20 wc is gonna be heavy, a 14x15 is gonna be lighter...it's not a simple question. also, my opinion: you will get more benefit trimming 5lbs off your ass than your wheelchair, ultimately.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Daleb is right. Options make a HUGE difference. And although you may find the lightest chair in the world, make sure it doesn't ride like a whore. A super-light, crappy chair is still crappy AND not worth the heart ache.
    July 2006 T3/T4 Para

Out of all the schooling and course work and parenting i received, i can't help but think someone should have warned me about this....Paralysis Blows.

Daleb is right. Options make a HUGE difference. And although you may find the lightest chair in the world, make sure it doesn't ride like a whore. A super-light, crappy chair is still crappy AND not worth the heart ache.

Vanderhooch,The whore isn't the one who causes heartache only the john does.

Angry

"Daleb is right. Options make a HUGE difference. And although you may find the lightest chair in the world, make sure it doesn't ride like a whore. A super-light, crappy chair is still crappy AND not worth the heart ache."

Vanderhooch,The whore isn't the one who causes heartache only the john does.

No option, just frame weight. I have been to many websites to search this answer and it seems more than 5 companies claim they are the lightest wheelchair. For us, lighter the better, so why is it that no one knows which frame/wheelchair is the lightest?

The Lasher BT-Mg is probably the lightest out there.

fwiw, fit is far more important that weight, imo. super light wheelchairs don't carry much momentum requiring more frequent pushing and don't bump up curbs or through minor surface irregularities as well either.

the reason is that no one has had all the frames together in one place, all of common size, etc to do a head to head comparison. why don't you get on that, and let us all know what you find out. you can find all the manufacturers contact info online, i'm sure. although, i'm not so sure how interested they would be in having the facts on the ground revealed as to who actually has the lightest. know what i mean? RGK might make a 16x16 frame that is under 9.9lbs but the only one for certain is the lasher bt-mg.

my 15x16 bt-mg frame weighs 10.5lbs, but it has d's locks, 4x1.5 alum hub soft rolls, and carbon fiber side guards so it has ~2.5lbs of extra weight on it. without brakes, side guards or locks the 15x16 bt-mg frame weighs right at 8lbs, about .75lbs lighter than a 16x16.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Thanks, Scott and Daleb, for the reply
    I was pretty sure on Lasher Sport and now I am 100% sure.
    Anyone else out there own a Lasher Sport here? I would love to see pictures!!
    PS: Daleb, your wheelchair is very very nice!

This is the chair I'm driving: http://www.panthera.se/

The text is in swedish, but what it says is that this is the lightest chair in the world. So there you go, the lighest chair available I have a 14" wide seat with 26" spox wheels. Carbon fiber axle, side plates and wheels. It is very light for driving and lifting and people often ask me if I'm an atleate and if I use this chair for competitions... Offcourse people don't have a clue

Not sure if you can get this chair in the states or if so at what price, but in Norway it costs about $8000.

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Could it be the Lasher Sport Wheelchair?? I understand it may be the most expensive option, but if that means I'm getting the lightest wheelchair...I will take it. Any other suggestions for the lightest wheelchair out there?
    Thanks for reading
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo