Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay your Caregiver?

Surfcat, what is your injury level? How many hours a day to you need someone (caregiver)?

PN

Community Resources for Indenpendence that our home attendants are paid thru get $8.25/hr.

i know the VA only pays $8 an hour in the state of Arizona, but it's higher in California. this is w/ some training w/ SCI. i'm surprised that people are paying over $15. ive heard $10 an hr is the usual.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for the helpfull input. Im meeting with her tomorrow to discuss everything.

To answer your question Paul: I'm C5/6 and reqquire around 3 hrs./morning but she also fills orders for my small business because she wants more hours than I need for care.

Any other input is welcome before I make decision!

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Need More Input!

after meeting with my PCA sheis asking for $18/ hr. in order vto stay. She is the best, most reliable worker I've ever had but that is a lot to pay for this job! She's been with us for 7+ years and we don't want to mlose but don't think we should pay $18.

What do you think we should do?!
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCat
    What do you think we should do?!
    Keep her while you interview several others, get a feel for what type of people are applying, and/or if you find someone you think is good for the job then let her go. If you dont find what your "looking for" well then she'll still be around unless its so dire she'll break your bank at $3 more per hour.

I currently pay privately $13 to $14/hr and in the past have paid $24 first hr and $12 each hour after that. That was when I had just got off Ohio Medicaid and had Independant Providers and was beginning the search for people privately after getting off Medicaid. Good luck.

Looking for Possible employer

Hello, I am interested into caregiving position. Is anyone here looking for great one? I graduated as a BS Physical Therapy,under license. Presently looking for employer who is interested into sponsorship program. This is for live-in, I dont have any prefer places as long as you can assist and provide all necessary documents needed. I can start work as soon as i get my permit.
    For my salary you can approach me. I didnt ask for a high one as long as we are both satisfied.

If you are interested!Please feel free to inform me...My e-mail: soul_can@yahoo.com.....Thank you

I am looking forward to hear from you..

REgards,
    Angelo

Surfcat - price is only an issue in absence of value.

If your pca is as valuable as you have indicated then $18 is a bargain.

Unhappy is this right or wrong

My bf passed away of 13 years ..now i take care of his mother through ihss..she got a nice amount of money when he died..we all lived together, now its just me n her..i get paid for 62.2 hours monthly which is about maybe $520.00..She makes me give her $400.00 a month to live here without food..she yells at the top of her lungs wheres my money i'm broke as i said she got basically alot of money my bf worked for the city..actually had 2 city jobs..money market etc..i would like to have some input on this as to help me in what is right or wrong on how i feel in this situation..thank you :/

How does she qualify for IHSS if she has "a lot of money"?? Is she fraudulently reporting her income or assets to the state?

IHSS employers are not required to provide free room and board to their PCAs. $400/month in CA is pretty cheap rent.

The state and county set the payment rate/hour for IHSS workers. It varies by county, but is usually around or just a little over minimum wage (which is about where you are now), and in most counties there are no benefits (insurance, etc.).

What is her disability?? Does she have a dementia? Have you considered looking for another PCA job (live in or not) instead? There are other people looking for attendants.

(KLD)