Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Went Hunting!!

Thanks Mona, I am sure there will be other trips now that I know I can do it.

Darrell, try one of my old fav hunting trips, Double breasted, ruby lipped , mattress thrasher.
    oh dearlord, please help the fragile ladies in this room forgive me, if they see fit to do so, but really my wife laughed at that one once.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin'guy View Post
    Darrell, try one of my old fav hunting trips, Double breasted, ruby lipped , mattress thrasher.
    oh dearlord, please help the fragile ladies in this room forgive me, if they see fit to do so, but really my wife laughed at that one once.

HaHa, I'll have to try that (hopefully I don't get slapped)

My daughter hunts with a crossbow and has yet to shoot a deer. She started when she was 12 and just loves it. Hubby moved her blind last week and she went out again tonight but got stuck getting to the blind. She didn't see any deer either. She does belong to Adaptive Sporstman and they have a deer hunt every year. She absolutely loves that hunt more than just hunting with Dad.
    Mom to Heather, age 16, T-12, 8 years post & Michael, age 19.

Good for you Darrel. Its good to get out into the woods again. Both my boys are gearing up to go soon. My youngest likes the Chukkars and my oldest is going to hunt deer this weekend. He works for the US Forest service, so he always knows the best places to go. (ha! cheater!) If anyone wants turkeys, just come to my patio and bring bird seed and a two-by four. Suckers walk right up to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraD View Post
    My daughter hunts with a crossbow and has yet to shoot a deer. She started when she was 12 and just loves it. Hubby moved her blind last week and she went out again tonight but got stuck getting to the blind. She didn't see any deer either. She does belong to Adaptive Sporstman and they have a deer hunt every year. She absolutely loves that hunt more than just hunting with Dad.
    Are they still having longer hunts there because of the deer wasting disease? And yea, after seeing the flooding in Janesville this past summer I would imagine there might be quicksand in places.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Sue, they are not lengthening the season due to the disease, but the fact that they are over populated and causing more road accidents. I myself would not want to eat anything that was diseased.

skippy, that would be so cool to watch, my grands would have them come up in their yard and feed at the bird feeders also. I live on the edge of town and have a cow pasture out back that has qual in it every once in a while we see one come up to the feeder

LauraD, I think that it is cool as heck that your husband got your daughter into hunting, my friend who takes me out gets his girls out also, they are still to young but he is trying to teach them the basics yet (to set still and quiet). I am not sure if we have any thing like Adaptive Sportsmen in this area or not, that gives me something to do today

Nice! Where are the pics?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14