Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Went Hunting!!

I Went Hunting!!

I went hunting Saturday it felt good to get out in the timber and sit. It was the first time I had been out since my accident. The guys (Josh and Nick) sent me off first due to how slow I am now. They caught up to me just before the timber and helped me over an old fence, had to mash it down even farther to help me get over it. we went back in about 60 more yards and they climbed up in their stands and I took the base of a tree. I was not sure how it was going to work out for me but it went well. I was able to sit still for three and a half hours of watching the skeeters feasting on me. Then we had a large doe come in Nick took a wild shoot at 60 yards and missed, she actually came back in, another miss.
    Although we did not get anything this trip it was fun to get out and try.
    I think I am ready to get my crossbow.
    it wasn't that far of a walk for an AB but it seemed like a couple of miles for me. I am sore this morning. Now I can quit being jealous of Dead-eye ha,ha

That's great. Doesn't it feel good just to get out and do things. Glad you enjoyed it and hope you can do it more often.

yes it does feel great and yes I do hope to get out more often. I doubt that I get to bag one this year but I am sure that I will go out more often now. plus I have access to a lot of land along a creek that I can hunt. this will make the guys happy.

Quote Originally Posted by darrel View Post
    0 this will make the guys happy.

guys?? probably make your lady happier. Get your tail out of her hair for awhile

Awesome! I'm glad you hit the sticks and went hunting. I wouldn't mind getting out this winter. Take out some 'yoties.

A bad day of hunting beats a good day of working. Getting some freezer meat is nice, but just sitting in a blind watching nature is awesome. Doing it with friends just can't get any better.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

I'm jealous. I'm not gonna make it out this year. Last yr I was in hosp, other than that and this yr, first miss's on hunting in YEARS, can't even count how many.
    WTG on getting out.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathQuad View Post
    guys?? probably make your lady happier. Get your tail out of her hair for awhile

HA!! your right it would

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMike View Post
    A bad day of hunting beats a good day of working. Getting some freezer meat is nice, but just sitting in a blind watching nature is awesome. Doing it with friends just can't get any better.

your right on being out with friends it does seem to be a relief. I was hesitant on going, but as big and stubborn as my friend is, I had no choice. glad he insisted on me going.
    As far as the freezer meat I never have to worry too much on that. I have my shed set up for processing deer. we usually go through and process around ten deer a year.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Awesome! I'm glad you hit the sticks and went hunting. I wouldn't mind getting out this winter. Take out some 'yoties.

that would be fun