Thread: live-in caregiver question-sci nurse

live-in caregiver question-sci nurse

i located a 51 yr old lady on gonannies.com. been communicating by email for a couple weeks. she sounds good, but doesn't want to provide personal info for background check. she's afraid it might get into the wrong hands. she also wants check made to her brothers co. says he'll pay taxes/provide her with benefits and issue me a monthly statement. what should i do.

thanks
    jack

Sounds suspicious to me. She may have a criminal background, or be in this country illegally (and thus subject to sudden deportation). If she won't budge on this, I would keep looking for someone. Background checks are standard in this field. Reluctance to have one done by a reputable company should be a red flag.

What kind of company does her brother have? Would you, or he be her employer? Who would determine job description, hours, pay and other perks, etc.? I would avoid such as set-up if possible without knowing a lot more and seeing some type of contract in writing, then having this reviewed by an attorney.

(KLD)

she says its one of her brothers misc companys. her brothers company would be her employer. she would do what we agreed on though. i ck more.

thanks
    jack

I would not do it - no background check because it would get in the wrong hands? YOU are the hands it needs to be in! Run, don't walk dude! And employed through some other company? Not directly with her??? She is scammin' you. Run, run, far, far away.

My 2 cents ....

Ami

How much would you trust someone to come to your house to live and you can't do backround check? I sure wouldn't hire somebody like that. And checks not made out to her? Seems like something is fishy here... keep looking!!! Let her swim...