Thread: How to prepare pwr chair for flight

How to prepare pwr chair for flight

I have a permobil pwr chair that reclines, raises, lowers, with all the tricks

We are flying the the Grand Canyon & the airline reccomended wrapping sensitive parts of the chair in bubble wrap

Any andvice on how to prepare a pwr chair for a long flight

Thanks
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by wheelie357 View Post

We are flying the the Grand Canyon & the airline reccomended wrapping sensitive parts of the chair in bubble wrap

Thanks
    Ryan
    Ryan,
    Hello ! I too have a PERMOBIL pwr chair. For instructions on flying with your PERMOBIL chair go to PERMOBIL's website. I believe there are instructions written by Darren Jernigan who is a PERMOBIL user himself & he also works for PERMOBIL. He's the government relations person for PERMOBIL. Is there any possibility of taking another chair instead of your PERMOBIL so it doesn't get torn up by the airlines. They can be rough on our chairs. If you can take another chair that's what I would do. I will check PERMOBIL's website & get back to you & let you know where I found it so stay tuned Ryan for further update.
    Have a great day ! ! !

Bob
    Fellow : CC Member, PERMOBIL User & Wheeler

well, i'd start with a good quality solid rocket booster. then pick up some duct-tape, bubble gum and some card board tubes (not the skinny wrapping paper variety, tho...the good thick ones). might as well throw in a nice 500 thread count bed sheet to wrap the wing struts, once you get them made from the tubes. i'm no expert, but i think you can get that thing airborne with this stuff.

good luck!

d.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
    They can be rough on our chairs.
    True, that.
    Airlines advertise that they have more on-time flights, and that sort of thing. You will never see/hear an airline ad stating that they damage less stuff.
    They are insured for damages to property, so the only thing that matters to them is that the plane leaves on time. They really have no concern for your equipment.
    If any damage is done to your chair, file a claim immediately, before leaving the terminal building.
    United and Delta both have open accounts with my shop because they damage so many chairs.

JD

Quote Originally Posted by wheelie357 View Post

Thanks
    Ryan
    Hello Ryan,
    Did you ever make the trip to the Grand Canyon with your PERMOBIL power chair? If you did how did your chair make out going out & coming back? Hope they didn't damage it at all on you.
    Please let me know.
    I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Regards,
    Bob
    Fellow CC member & Fellow PERMOBIL user