Thread: Leif

Leif

It is really great if you can find me a 50% job as a doctor's secretary in Oslo since I, the government, NHF and the Arbeidskontor have tried the last 10 years. I have very good certificate from the school with only 5 and 6. I was kicked from my last job because they did not have HC bathrooms in Ullevål Hospital and they did not want wheel chair users to work in the hospital at all. I have been working in the ER in Oslo too without money, but it is a part of the Ullevål hospital so they could not hire me for money.
    TH 12, 43 years post

There are plenty jobs out there if you want to work. Thousands… Besides, what you post is not correct, there are peoples in wheelchairs already working at Ullevaal.

Strange that most of the people I know in chairs have so much trouble with finding jobs then. And the Government and the NHF did have campaignes for disable people to get jobs and nobody got one. Only 40% of the disable people in Norway who want to work does find one. 60% are on disability because they can't find jobs. And it is worse in Oslo than in the rest of the country. And most of the disable who work have the same job they had before they got disable and most of them have university education.

The sad thing is that we can't take university education because nobody can live on student loan 7000 kroner in the month. And we can't get jobs besides like the ABs do for survieving. And we can't get "attføring" for a university education.

I know the boss who employs the people at Aker hospital, his brother has a SCI, but still he doesn't want to employ disable people. He says it is because of lack of accessibility in the hospital.

http://www.nhf.no/index.asp?id=59702
    TH 12, 43 years post

The unemployment rate is basically zero, but for sure there are many disabled not working and I think that 40% working is not so bad after all. And I also think that you would get a job if you really wanted one due to businesses are screaming for workers these days. Those businesses has also been in the media and said it is funny that some groups claims that there are no jobs while those businesses has not received one single application. Very strange indeed. If I were living in Oslo it would have taken me a day to get a job.

I think you should try to find a job with pay in Oslo. My frind has a 3 years degree as a sosial worker and has tried for 8 years. She is now working for free in a nursing home. She has C.P.

I think you should read more about it, you are at least the boss of the SCI organization in Norway.

And what about the 60% who wants a job and can't get one? You think that is nice attitude. You are talking bullsh..
    TH 12, 43 years post

Where does it say that 60% wants and can have a job (besides the term disability used in this above is also discussed to not be accurate as for this)? But, you are more then welcome to a conference in Stavanger soon to be held for SCIed where education and work will be one of the topics where one of the lecturers will be a director from NAV. Oh, but then I forgot, the whole Oslo area are so inaccessible you would have super problems just to get to the airport.