Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dang...It's a shame we all have to meet here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dang...It's a shame we all have to meet here

Just a quick introduction to confess I've been lurking awhile and feel as tho I know many of you...I have learned so much, thank you all...when I ever had a question I always found the answer from poster's who were so willing to share their experience. I cared for my grandbabies until school started, and now that they are away 'till 4 in the afternoon I find myself with a few extra hours in the day. I care for my son,he's 39...his c4-5 injury was on xmas eve 2005, almost 3 years. I joined because of a post from a new member...I felt since we'd been down the road I actually felt like I could offer hope and understanding...Looking forward to getting to know many of you soon...

Another Okie! I'm glad you've gotten useful stuff from this zoo! Terribly sorry about your son's injury-you're right, it's a helluva way to meet people. But here we are. Nothing to be done but make the best of it. Welcome to the Land of Active Posters!

My grandparents left Oklahoma back in the day...who would of thought I would end up here...My Mom just left last night to return to Oregon and told me she didn't ever think she'd ever see this state again (she left as a teen)...she comes every year for a few months...she was such a help while here...she spoils my son more than me, lol...thanks for the welcome! judy

Welcome,I will admit that I lurked for a while myself but the place just draws you in. I think you will find that this is a great place to be. You should get your son on if he is not already. It is amazing what can bee learned.

thank you! I look forward to learning more and meeting new friends...now, if someone would share how to get avatar up I'd appreciate it...when I posted information on my profile it was gone...figured I must not of clicked save...but the avatar has me stumped...also. I was hoping my name didn't prevent others from becoming my friend...I am not always mad! lol...judy

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    ...also. I was hoping my name didn't prevent others from becoming my friend...I am not always mad! lol...judy
    ...... oh that's too bad Judy .. cause this is one mad, mad mad world !! Thanks for taking the leap ..... cause that's what it is ... a genuine leap of faith .... but once you add your voice to the rest here it's that many more supported because every single sci is unique and as carers all have our own story to tell.

Welcome .... please use and abuse us at will .... and post often ......

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 10-18-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

thank you Obieone...I appreciate your kindness and knowing from my lurking days you always are there to help!

I lived in norman oklahoma in 1977 the locust were huge and many. oil well in peeps front yards in the middle of a city. my school was the town tornado shelter and was like a huge underground bunker.

oh, nice to meet you by the way.

welcome Judy

think i met your son in stillwater a few months before his accident. i live near mulhall my nieces bf lives in perkins maybe we can get together sometime.

Carl