Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping my Bouncing legs on my chair????

Keeping my Bouncing legs on my chair????

My legs are always bouncing, its not a huge deal, but when i go out places, any little bump i hit will trigger them and it takes forever to get them to stop and when i do they go off very easily again.

the bouncing doesnt bother me, the fact that they fly right off my chair and i have to stop continously to get them on and stop them. slows me down alot. and its the worst as soon as i get outta my car.

What do you do to keep your legs on your chair?

I was thinking mayb just tying them to my chair, lol but i dont want to look like a goof either.

I love to go for wheels around town with my gf, but SO frustrating when it takes an hour to cover a block. lol

sorry im starting to vent a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz1989
    What do you do to keep your legs on your chair?

I was thinking mayb just tying them to my chair, lol but i dont want to look like a goof either.
    Hey, wanting to look good is not a bad thing. Have you tried a simple, black strap around your ankles to hold them onto your foot rest? Do you use a leg strap behind your legs? Try another strap in front of your legs. When my spasms haven acted up, that has worked for me.

sorry im starting to vent a bit.
    Don't do that. No reason to apologize for venting about a minor/consistent irritation. And you're looking for a solution. That's pragmatic.

C.

here's a recent thread with some ideas.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Yeah, strapping the lower part of your legs doesn't look that bad. I've seen peeps use bungie cords, lol. The colorful kind. And still, it didn't look bad.

When i was able to order my new chair after the five year rule was taken care of I requested that I have frog legs placed on my new chair for just this reason. The clonus has been reduced greatly as I wheel around town as like yourself every little bump I hit use to cause the clonus to kick in. I find if I grab my knee with my hand and push down on my leg I can usally stop the clonus and if that fails then grabing the toe of my shoe and pulling backwards will stop it after a few seconds. I tried the tying up method but they just bounced together when I did that.

Froglegs
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Mine do the same thing too. I've posted this before,what I do is use industrial strength velcro and nobody sees it. The downfall is that someone much stronger than me has to pull them off. Works for me, but may be trouble for someone living alone. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Yeah, strapping the lower part of your legs doesn't look that bad. I've seen peeps use bungie cords, lol. The colorful kind. And still, it didn't look bad.
    I use a bungee, plain blue. It's the adjustable kind with plastic hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Froglegs
    I have froglegs on my wheelchair.

2 words... bungee cord... $5 at your local walmart get you a bag of 5 or so of multiple colors/lengths, hook it to each side of the front bars... then if they kick forward they won't go far.... I struggled w/ my spasms kicking my feet off for years and finally said screw it after sitting in my van for 20 min one -30C evening trying to get my feet back so I could get under the steering wheel. Trust me, no one will notice, or care if they do...