Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Mom gets gun back...

Soccer Mom gets gun back...

Why did they take her gun in the first place? I probably wouldn't have openly carried it, but she was legal to carry. I wonder what her husband does that makes her a bigger target.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Probably prison gaurd, or other higher security type position.

She looks badass with the all black glock though.

I'm a gun owner and don't have a carry permit. I'm in Florida and don't know the current law concerning carrying firearms in public but I sometimes carry one in the fanny pack attached to my chair. But since it's concealed I'm not intimidating or worrying the people around me. That woman is just trying to push her "bad-ass" weight around playing cop or self-proclaimed protector of all. Sheeesh. And since everyone knows she's inclined to pack, even if she does conceal it now, the intimidation factor is still there and she knows it.

What a nice way to spend a lazy afternoon, socializing with other soccer moms while watching your kid play, with some weirdo wannabe cowgirl or wannabe cop packing heat on the sidelines. I guess the kids will all think twice before checking or blocking a shot from her son! She should leave the damn thing in the trunk of her car and if she's really paranoid, (oh great) buy a special gun purse or fanny pack. Sorry if it's a bit inconvenient for her but other people have the right not to be intimidated especially in this day and age where deadly fights have been known to occur at children's sporting events. Soccer matches are supposed to be friendly social functions for the mothers, not events where you need to keep looking over your shoulder hoping that some pistol packin' mama doesn't have a bad hair day.

Some people!

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    I'm a gun owner and don't have a carry permit. I'm in Florida and don't know the current law concerning carrying firearms in public but I sometimes carry one in the fanny pack attached to my chair. But since it's concealed I'm not intimidating or worrying the people around me. That woman is just trying to push her "bad-ass" weight around playing cop or self-proclaimed protector of all. Sheeesh. And since everyone knows she's inclined to pack, even if she does conceal it now, the intimidation factor is still there and she knows it....
    So someone that is a huge body builder should stay in their car for unintentionally intimidating people with their size? Where do we draw the line, size, language, color, sex?
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

I believe in a right to carry firearms but it just seems totally inappropriate at a 5 yr old soccer game. I would be pissed if a parent showed up to one of my girls functions with a gun exposed like that and they weren't dressed in a police uniform or openly known as a police officer. Children play sports for fun socializing exercise. We do not go to feel scared or intimidated.

I'm also guessing that this woman is doing her children a disservice. How many parents will now let their kids play with her kids knowing that she will display her gun anywhere in public and that she's possibly a "target."

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMike
    So someone that is a huge body builder should stay in their car for unintentionally intimidating people with their size? Where do we draw the line, size, language, color, sex?
    Hi Mike,

Don't be silly equating the intimidation factor of a bodybuilder's physique (or "language, color, sex") with that of openly carrying a sidearm at a kid's soccer match. It may be legal for her to do so but that doesn't make it "right" or fair to the other soccer moms. Just my opinion.

Don't the other soccer moms deserve to feel safe?

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Talk about working the refs!
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I don't see any kind of strap or lock on that holster. and THAT, around kids, is criminal.
    Don't anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

I had a carry permit but never took it with me. Gun is heavy and a pain in the ass carrying it...Gets old fast. And at 300.00 a year for license just not worth it.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    I'm a gun owner and don't have a carry permit. I'm in Florida and don't know the current law concerning carrying firearms in public but I sometimes carry one in the fanny pack attached to my chair. But since it's concealed I'm not intimidating or worrying the people around me. That woman is just trying to push her "bad-ass" weight around playing cop or self-proclaimed protector of all. Sheeesh. And since everyone knows she's inclined to pack, even if she does conceal it now, the intimidation factor is still there and she knows it.
    Bob, in North Carolina, concealing your firearm would be illegal.

That is, if you are a [legal] gun owner, and don't have a Concealed Handgun Permit, your legal option is to carry it openly (and not hidden in your fanny pack).
    Daniel