Thread: Scholarship for Full Time Students in Wheelchairs

Scholarship for Full Time Students in Wheelchairs

My name is John and my company AmeriGlide is offering a scholarship to full time students who use wheelchairs. I hope it is okay to post it here.

The deadline to sign up is January 2nd, 2009. Any full time student at an accredited college or university is encouraged to sign up.

In addition to the completed application, the applicant must also provide a short written essay discussing the Americans with Disabilities Act.

There is a downloadable application, which can be printed up and mailed to us. It is also possible to complete the application completely online, just make sure to prepare your essay ahead of time.

The winner of this years Scholarship will receive $500 and have their essay and picture posted on our site.

More Information: http://www.ameriglide.com/scholarship/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and if you know anybody that could use the scholarship please help us spread the word.

Wow. Just about enough to pay for books for one semester!

(KLD)

sounds like a scheme to get some credible content for marketing.

but... $500 is $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    sounds like a scheme to get some credible content for marketing.

but... $500 is $500.
    True. If I could go full-time I would make a pitch for the 500 bucks, but regardless it does feel like a token amount. How about upping it to 1500 -- to pay for one course?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19
    True. If I could go full-time I would make a pitch for the 500 bucks, but regardless it does feel like a token amount. How about upping it to 1500 -- to pay for one course?
    That is a good idea This is our first year offering the scholarship and depending on what type of response we get that is definitely an option, so if you know anyone in school full time(12 credits) please let them know...
    Last edited by JohnGL; 10-15-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Any bit helps. I know my daughter got several small scholarships, and they made a nice difference when it came time to pay the bills.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I apologize for bumping the thread, but I just wanted to let you know that we have completed the first AmeriGlide Achiever Scholarship.

The next one will be available for the 2009 Fall Semester and all applications must be submitted by July 31, 2009.

We will subsequently be offering two a year, with one available in the fall and one in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGL View Post
    I apologize for bumping the thread, but I just wanted to let you know that we have completed the first AmeriGlide Achiever Scholarship.

The next one will be available for the 2009 Fall Semester and all applications must be submitted by July 31, 2009.

We will subsequently be offering two a year, with one available in the fall and one in the spring.
    So, do you publicly announce the scholarship recipients as do most programs? Who was your first recipient?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    So, do you publicly announce the scholarship recipients as do most programs? Who was your first recipient?
    We certainly do, thanks for asking

Our first recipient was Kristen Jackson, who is currently earning a degree in Clinical Psychology.

Her excellent essay, which regards the ADA, is posted on our site. If you follow the link in my first post, you will find a link to her essay in the third paragraph or goto ameriglide.com/scholarship-recipients/

That's great John. Thanks.