Thread: New sci...

New sci...

Hello everyone....
    My name is westley...
    Im 19 years old...
    I was in a diving accident on July 16, 2008
    I have a C6 Burst fracture(incomplete)
    Im still having a hard time accepting the fact that this is the situation im in. I just got out of rehab a few weeks ago(was there 40 days).I was in the ICU for 22 days.But im still hoping for some good recovery, I have some function in my right hand... much much better turnk control.. and some feeling in both legs...

Welcome buddy!
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Welcome...hope you find some helpful info. here.

Quote Originally Posted by Westley
    Hello everyone....
    My name is westley...
    Im 19 years old...
    I was in a diving accident on July 16, 2008
    I have a C6 Burst fracture(incomplete)
    Im still having a hard time accepting the fact that this is the situation im in. I just got out of rehab a few weeks ago(was there 40 days).I was in the ICU for 22 days.But im still hoping for some good recovery, I have some function in my right hand... much much better turnk control.. and some feeling in both legs...
    Hello Westley,

My name is Bob. I'm from Oldsmar Florida. Sorry you had to find Care Cure but it's good thing you did. You've come to the right place. There are a lot of helpful & knowledgeable people on this site.
    I'm sorry to hear that you got hurt diving into a pool. I admire you for wanting to go in the marines. I'm an Air Force Veteran myself.
    Any time you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them here. The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. I wish you the best in your recovery.
    Take Care, BOB
    Fellow CC Member & Wheeler

This is a great place to get information.

Stay strong.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Hey Westley. Any way to continue an outpatient routine? El Paso? Is a parent military? Might arrange to go back on dependent status if so to extend your PT/OT. If you go to college even online many civilian policies will accept you back on their insurance. Yea I assume you figured you'd be covered once in the USMC. I'm an army vet and retiree spouse. Feeling in the legs and trunk strength are really good signs this early. You need to keep working it though. Do you have triceps?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.