Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok...here goes

ok...here goes

please bare with me on this post...i might drift from one subject to another...lol
    i guess i just had a bad day today...uuummmm maybe for about the last month or so. the day started off by having to change jim's sp tube @ 2 am...yes i was inducted into this close knit club. i've had to change it within the past month 3 times. but wait...had i ever done this before...NO FREAKIN WAY! i had watched his nurse do it, and before that i had read numerous posts on here...THANK U SCI NURSES!! when u're under pressure and your eyes r half closed...oh yeah and your guy is freakin out...what to do suck it up and go on...cause u love that dam guy.
    i can't believe i haven't started drinking heavily...i took the easier root. listen up now ladies...edy's ice cream expresso chip...YES that's the cure all for me. the down side...it adds to ones thighs.
    bare with me...i feel the need to fill u in as to why i even wanted to start this topic. the last month i have been reffered to as "caregiver"..not only in reference to jim but to my dad as well. do others object as much as i do. yes i help jim and my dad with whatever they need, but i love them dearly and would do most anything. i'm my dad's daughter and jim's best friend, love interest, and most times royal pain in the ass. let me know if i'm in one of those pms moods where just about anything anyone says to me i want to bite their head off...hehe
    ok...i've got to head to bed. thanks for listening and letting me bitch a little, and i wish ALL HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

stormie

I aslo hate being called a caregiver- I'm wife of a C-6 quad..wife not caregiver!! I'm very lucky and we have this sweet little attendant coming morning and sometimes at night, she's great.... Since my husband have been back home he lost 12 pounds and i've must have gained them all and then some..... it is all that darn candies and icecream, but with my days, I truly deserve every single bite! So if someone ever call me fat I think I might give them some of my swinging wrist action.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

~Maja~

Ladies-
    There are no good names for any of this. Y'all are caregivers because you're carers and givers.

Hell, I'm disabled because UNable had already been taken.

Start worrying if they call you Providers of Services, somebody might confuse it with Piece of Sh....

Never mind.

You people are entitled to every scoop of ice cream on earth, and if I could I would invent it calorie free just for you for Christmas. Not just anyone can jump in and change an s/p when half asleep, and for the first time to boot.

Happy Holidays to all of you, no matter what you call yourselves.

If your skin is thin, best keep it off the Internet-Betheny

Yup ... giver of care here too!! I know just what you mean Storm ... 'cept in my case its changing his appliance (ostomy bag) about the same time of the morning cause it just exploded all over the doggone bed ... awww life!

Peace on earth to you all!!

Obieone

Don't forget, it's called insulation in the winter, shade in the summer--not fat!!! And caregiver is just another word, what it means is only important to you. So rock on and have have a good holiday.

Bumper sticker spotted-
    Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Darthe

"Ewe's not fat - ewe's just fluffy"!

thanks guys for the replys!! it means a lot to me

stormie

LMAO! Stormie, I wouldn't even post on this forum for the first six months I was here because I refused to call myself a caregiver, even when I actually kinda was one. You're smart to avoid the heavy drinking--and you're brilliant to come here and make us laugh. Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by kate:

LMAO! Stormie, I wouldn't even post on this forum for the first six months I was here because I refused to call myself a caregiver, even when I actually kinda was one.
    I finally found a post where I can agree with KATE!!! hahahaha

Yea I have a real problem with the "caregiver" term.......I'm her husband, what I lack she makes up and where she lacks I make up......plain and simple....... the term can almost sound like a "second class citizen" at times..........Love is my payment and the bill is paid in full and when I think of a "caregiver" I think of someone who is working for money.... *while necessary to most* it does not describe me or my relationship with my "WIFE"............

my two cents

Ya'll have a very merry christmas!

=============================
    "Whereas Reps are arrogantly self-assured, which they feel justifies mean-spiritedness and overall rude behavior.

You are a prime example of that."--Faye--