Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey guys, new here. new to SCI also.

Welcome, Jesse, sound like you were a mess, glad it wasn't worse like Betheny said. I was just talking to someone the other day about Legacy, wondering if it's any good. Didn't see you say when you get to leave.

Keep up the hard work, hope you'll be back goofing around soon.

hey quadvet, i find out tomarrow when i officially get out. but should be 1 or 2 more weeks.
    Legacy i think is good, i mean. its pretty much the only hospital i've been in, so not exactly sure, hehe. but, all my nurses, and PT's/OT's are all nice, and very helpfull

Hi Jesse, sorry you ended up here, but welcome. My son was 17 when he was hurt, c6/c7 quad, happened in march of 07. He's amazed me at how well he's done in a year and a half, seems to me you've got a good attitude(all things considered), keep working hard,keep reaching out, lots of good info here. Will who you mentioned from the Pounders is an awesome guy, we met him shortly after Michael started playing quadrugby, he's very supportive and knowledgable about SCI and life in general.
    Keep the spirits up and keep asking question!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by volc0m101
    hey quadvet, i find out tomarrow when i officially get out. but should be 1 or 2 more weeks.
    Legacy i think is good, i mean. its pretty much the only hospital i've been in, so not exactly sure, hehe. but, all my nurses, and PT's/OT's are all nice, and very helpfull
    That's the Rehab Institute of Oregon RIO, right? How many SCI rehab patients? Are you all mixed with other injuries, stroke victims, brain injuries, MS etc.? How many days rehab is the norm for SCI? Thanks for the info, I know someone C6 looking to rehab there maybe. Also, I know a guy who rehabbed there couple months ago, maybe you know him, Brian Conrad, also C6. Thanks again.

Wow Man...
    that was a pretty nasty fall...
    I got hurt not to long ago too...
    work as hard as you can in rehab...
    you never know how much you'll get back...

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    That's the Rehab Institute of Oregon RIO, right? How many SCI rehab patients? Are you all mixed with other injuries, stroke victims, brain injuries, MS etc.? How many days rehab is the norm for SCI? Thanks for the info, I know someone C6 looking to rehab there maybe. Also, I know a guy who rehabbed there couple months ago, maybe you know him, Brian Conrad, also C6. Thanks again.
    i'm not over in RIO, because im still ins chool, so in school age'd rehab here at emanual. as of right now, theres two SCI me, and one other here at legacy. and in RIO theres 3 i know of.
    honestly, no idea on the rehab legnth, all depends on your function, and injury level i guess. for mem it's going to end up being a little over 5 weeks. and i'm a T-5.

So that's why the staff are sweet to ya, being young and all. Well it's the shits and you sound good, so keep it up.