Thread: Intermittent Pneumatic Compression

Intermittent Pneumatic Compression

Hello - New here. Male, C5/C6 incomplete, 2 years out from injury, continuing to get more recovery, age 62. One of my caregivers found this product (in a shoe catelog!) called the Dr. Life professional leg therapy system. And she did some research and found website - inventor is in South Korea. On the website it includes Spinal Cord Injury as a condition that this system is helpful for. It is generally used for poor circulation, swollen ankles and venous insufficiency. She thinks I should buy one because I have several bouts a day (especially after bowel program) where my limbs become frozen, tingly and painful and, frankly, I think she gets tired of massaging my legs (and arms) all the time to get things moving again. My question is: Is there anyone out there who has used this device? Is it safe for someone in my condition? Other than SCI and quadriplegia I am in good health. I would very much appreciate any input on this subject. Thank you!
    P.S. I just found it on youtube. It is under Daesung Maref Showcase Video.
    Last edited by Veganman; 10-14-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganman
    It is generally used for poor circulation, swollen ankles and venous insufficiency.
    It's primary use is for the treatment of lymphedema.
    I don't know of any other use or sequential compression.

JD