Thread: ex is on percocet i fell it ripped her away from me plz help

ex is on percocet i fell it ripped her away from me plz help

i have my ex who i with for 2 years i recently found out she was cheating but then found out she was doing percocet for they last 6-10 months she started cheating 3-4 months ago but i found out 2 months ago he also does them and sells them i want to know if its the pills that changed her i heard that the percs can change a persons life and mind set? is there a chance for her to be ok again? i want to love her from a distance just in case she wants to get clean will she realize then how the pills changed her and the mistakes she made during? i feel like i blame everything on the pills is that ok i know she has something to do with it but none of this would of happened if not for the pills like the pills kind of took her over she also lost her job and friends and stopped going to school what is the best thing i can do just pray and love from a distance i really feel like it isnt her anymore but could be back ifstops the pillsand wants to get clean do me and her have a chance again if she does?

I would strongly encourage you to attend an Alanon meeting so you can better understand her addiction and what, if anything, you can do to help her see that she needs to get clean and sober.

You should know that starting (or re-starting) a love relationship is strongly discouraged during the recovery process, usually for at least a year. You will have to be patient if you plan to get together with her again other than as a supportive friend who supports her sobriety.

(KLD)

isnt alanon for alcohol im just very confused i heard that too bout the relationships but even now i dont know why but im trying to be a friend thats how i know i love her with all my heart i dont want to just give up on her because even before i felt like other than her family and a couple friends i was the only thing good in her life

Quote Originally Posted by will7
    isnt alanon for alcohol im just very confused i heard that too bout the relationships but even now i dont know why but im trying to be a friend thats how i know i love her with all my heart i dont want to just give up on her because even before i felt like other than her family and a couple friends i was the only thing good in her life
    No, it's not just for people who care about alcoholics. Addiction is addiction is addiction whether pills or alcohol.

People can also be addicted to other people.

Being one of the "only good things" in the other person's life is never a good reason for staying when presented as the over-riding reason for remaining it comes to an unhealthy, intimate relationship.

No matter what she does, get help for yourself.

Are you SCI or is she?