Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lightning UTI

Lightning UTI

I've just experienced the fastest in and out of any UTI.

I'm off work, friend staying. Supposed to be heading out to the country.

Suddenly hit by violent UTI on Thursday night. Pissing uncontrollably, cloudy, blood, spasms, mild AD.

Stayed in bed feeling awful all day Friday but drank pints and pints of water. Pissed like a racehorse until it went clear.

Got up today, feel a little weak but, thankfully, other symptoms dramatically reduced.

Anyone else get lightning UTIs or am I kidding myself this one's over?

I MISSED A FRIDAY NIGHT OUT!
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

I'd be very very leery. I have the impression you've the constitution of a longhorn bull, or a water buffalo, or one of those large hooved animals with mighty constitutions. Since I don't, I can't say what your body is doing. If it were me, my body wouldd be lying in wait to attack me at 3 am Sunday, when the ER is full of drunks w/ gunshot wounds and therefore a quad w/ a uti is low low low on the triage totem pole.

Just to maximize the suffering, you know.

Hopefully your mileage will vary.

You may have dodged a bullet. Take it very easy, and if you start to feeling punk again, don't delay in getting yourself to the ER.

(KLD)

Saying a prayer for you. I hope it's gone for good.

Aww! How sweet! We both developed a UTI on the same day. Luckily, I had some left over Cipro from my UTI one month ago. I'm going to be more proactive and take natural Vitamin C daily and drink more Cranberry juice as well as the usual water. I was feeling awful yesterday and this morning and had a fever that refused to break, then suddenly before noon, it did, I felt hungry, ate and took another Cipro and doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    Aww! How sweet! We both developed a UTI on the same day. Luckily, I had some left over Cipro from my UTI one month ago. I'm going to be more proactive and take natural Vitamin C daily and drink more Cranberry juice as well as the usual water. I was feeling awful yesterday and this morning and had a fever that refused to break, then suddenly before noon, it did, I felt hungry, ate and took another Cipro and doing better.
    You going to the uro this week to get a culture and sensitivity test? Do you have enough Cipro to treat it fully?

I could tell you nightmare stories about not treating uti's properly, treating with the wrong antibiotic, or what antibiotics can do to your system if you would like.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I see here that nurses and dr.'s say go go to the er with the uti's. Can't just go to dr for urinalysis and meds?. gad I get hit $100.00 for er visit, or is it that important to get meds that soon? I've had a couple, and they hurt, but I had one of 'em for a good month but wasn't sure if it was my infection in the back or a uti. It was a uti, but did get ct to see there was no stones, and they found the infect was lgr than b4. But just treated uti.

If your doctor's office is open on the weekend and they will see you immediately, then by all means do that first, but most are not, many physicians will not even take calls from patients over the weekend (you should try to find one who does), and waiting if you really have a bad kidney infection can damage your kidney.

(KLD)

i've had that minus blood and ad. it'll be just two or three caths and feeling funky and it's gone. i get it a lot actually

*a little explicit, but not bad*
    i felt fine, no fever, no smell, but at the end of my peeing, my sediment was so bad it was like noodles at the bottom of the urinal. that one happenened just once, but still!

do you get it so bad that you get fevers, rhino? i've rarely had a fever with mine...reason i ask is because of betheny mentioning the er over the weekend. i could always wait.

anyway, you know that pushing water does wonders, hopefully it's gone for good.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Cali my dear, you are most eloquent!

Stay healthy yall.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    i've had that minus blood and ad. it'll be just two or three caths and feeling funky and it's gone. i get it a lot actually

*a little explicit, but not bad*
    i felt fine, no fever, no smell, but at the end of my peeing, my sediment was so bad it was like noodles at the bottom of the urinal. that one happenened just once, but still!

do you get it so bad that you get fevers, rhino? i've rarely had a fever with mine...reason i ask is because of betheny mentioning the er over the weekend. i could always wait.

anyway, you know that pushing water does wonders, hopefully it's gone for good.
    And the truth shall set you free.