Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We have to pay back the state for the PCA $$ we got while Chad was in the hospital

KLD, please stop making assumptions about us. The state does NOT pay for Chad's hospitalization. He is gainly employed person with PRIVATE insurance and his INSURANCE pays for his hospitalization, NOT the state.

And it is NOT unreasonable in our view that the state should pay for his PCA during his hospitalization. We should just agree to disagree ok??? Maybe you have a rosy eyed view of nurses and hospitals, but even the NURSES at this hospitals are willing to write a letter saying that we needed his PCA. Did you even read my last post at all????

This is a caregivers forum and you are being less than supportive. I would like to vent in peace please and not be preached to by you!!!!!

Ami (who is getting VERY aggravated, yes)

p.s. *I* don't get paid either KLD, nor do I expect to, but I would like to not have to pay back our PCA's wages. GRRRRRR.

Update: we just talked to the Head of the program that administers the PCA $$ and he is going to put through an exception waiver for us. He isn't sure if it will be approved, but he thinks there is a good chance it will be given the situation in the hospital - for example, they were completely unable to get a call button rigged up for Chad and he was not within yelling distance of the nurses station. So the regulation that says "when PCA care is not needed, for example, when you are hospitalized ...." is what he going to use - that his PCA *was* in fact needed because the hospital was physically incapable of caring for him. And the hospital will document that for us willingly.

YEAH!!! I don't know for sure if we'll win, but at least I feel better knowing they aren't treating us like criminals who were trying to pull a fast one on them.

Ami

Z
    I'm glad to hear that the admin is willing to go to bat for your PCA wages! That's great. Sometimes you have to look high and far AND wide for a person like that! Good on you!
    Happy thanksgiving.

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

Ami,
    good for you and let us know how it works out.

Clipper, I am glad you have someone who stays with you in the hospital. It is just not worth taking a chance that the staff will be alert if something happens that they are needed.

Russ Byrd