Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flu and Uti

Flu and Uti

Flu and Uti ....wish me luck this time....I feel like shit.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

How do you know you have the flu?

We started giving flu vaccinations this week. For anyone with a SCI, now is the time to get your shot. Easy-Peezy, not even a little soreness (I got mine on Tuesday).

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    How do you know you have the flu?

We started giving flu vaccinations this week. For anyone with a SCI, now is the time to get your shot. Easy-Peezy, not even a little soreness (I got mine on Tuesday).

(KLD)
    KLD I started to have fever ...hard to breath and all the flu symptoms .my family doc is crazy ..he said that a flu vaccine [diffr,strains]can kill me.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Aww! I'm so sorry to hear this, Adrian. Be well soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    Aww! I'm so sorry to hear this, Adrian. Be well soon!!
    Thank you Todd ...I Will survive Again I hope.Next week I Will be 39 ,,,,I must party.
    A damn flu and uti will not kill me yet ...I am a warrior.
    Last edited by adi chicago; 10-09-2008 at 03:12 PM.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

I thought it was too early for flu. We usually get it at christmas. Maybe it it the uti who gives you fever.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    I thought it was too early for flu. We usually get it at christmas. Maybe it it the uti who gives you fever.
    My sister is sick as well Flu ...agrrrrrr....damn flu viruses and new strains.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Glad I got my shot. Got it at the grocery store of all places. LOL, my brother was asked me, "Are you serious?" I said hell yeah, the flu is no joke. I havent had the flu in 15-16 years but after being sick and having congestion and breathing problems 2 months ago I'm not playing around.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    KLD I started to have fever ...hard to breath and all the flu symptoms .my family doc is crazy ..he said that a flu vaccine [diffr,strains]can kill me.
    Tell him you're a warrior and will take your chances. Did he say the vaccine would kill your sister too?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    Glad I got my shot. Got it at the grocery store of all places. LOL, my brother was asked me, "Are you serious?" I said hell yeah, the flu is no joke. I havent had the flu in 15-16 years but after being sick and having congestion and breathing problems 2 months ago I'm not playing around.
    Yeppers. I hear you. Got my flu shot Monday at the drug store. There are now quickie care clinics in many pharmacies, malls and grocery stores. Most are staffed by a Nurse Practitioner who handles less complex health needs than a physician. I appreciate the convenience.

The flu is nothing to monkey with.