Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Neurogel: an effective therapy for SCI

J Neurosci Res. 2001 Dec 15;66(6):1187-97.

Spinal cord reconstruction using NeuroGel implants and functional recovery after chronic injury.
    Woerly S, Doan VD, Evans-Martin F, Paramore CG, Peduzzi JD.

Organogel Canada Ltée, 1400 Parc Technologique Blvd., Québec City, Québec G1P 4R7, Canada. woerlyst@organogel.com

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11746452

Are there any updates available for this? It sounds like they're on to something big.

Manouli,

Your link to the report is almost 9 years old. Back in 2002, this forum was buzzing with members confident they would be walking in 2006-2008 based on this, as well as other lab reports.

9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Manouli,

Your link to the report is almost 9 years old. Back in 2002, this forum was buzzing with members confident they would be walking in 2006-2008 based on this, as well as other lab reports.

9 years.
    Hi Schmeky, good to hear from you. Yea, when I saw it I was surprised why they have not done anything when it sounds so good. I believe people here they have a great reason to be optimistic I am too finally other countries will take action. manouli.

they have an email for information, can you or anyone here writes them?

http://alarme.asso.fr/forum/therapie...-russie!-avis/
    Last edited by manouli; 11-23-2009 at 04:31 PM.

ya, schmeky, that is what I was getting at too, it Shows a spinal cord injured cat that has been treated walking fine on a treadmill... And the videos from 1997!!! What the freak?!?!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    ya, schmeky, that is what I was getting at too, it Shows a spinal cord injured cat that has been treated walking fine on a treadmill... And the videos from 1997!!! What the freak?!?!
    lunasicc42,

Cats with completely transected spinal cords are able to walk on treadmills. They have to be stimulated by pinching of the tail and they require support. This does not necessarily mean that the animals have regenerated or are walking on their own.

This is very old. When Stephen Woerly presented these results, many scientists were skeptical about the results. Unfortunately, the company ran out of money. A group of patients apparently transferred the license for this material to Europe and have been trying revive the project since.

The difficult part is how this can be applied to injured spinal cords. This is a material that apparently promotes axonal growth. By the way, there are many materials that support axonal growth, including matrigel and self-assembling peptide. How should this be applied to the spinal cord?

Would one have to cut the spinal cord and use neurogel to connect the two ends? Does one inject this into the injury site? What this material contain that make it better than any of the available material? I am afraid that most scientists don't know what to do with this material.

Wise.

Would one have to cut the spinal cord and use neurogel to connect the two ends? Does one inject this into the injury site? What this material contain that make it better than any of the available material? I am afraid that most scientists don't know what to do with this material.

DR.WISE
    can you tell us what way you would do it if you get the trials going

I know what to do with this material... Put it in my spine... Who cares how it works, as long as it works!!!

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

this is exactly the reason why on that one poll I chose that "academia is too much into philosophy, not action "... This is a good example