Thread: Thread for Dana Reeve

Thread for Dana Reeve

She's a personal hero of mine. She's graceful, smart, and unimaginably tough all at once. Whenever I've been tempted to feel sorry for myself, the thought of Dana Reeve has helped me to keep things in perspective and keep going.

I just want her to know that we're still with her.

I think I get why Dana hung with her man Christopher .... my Bill is "only" a para - relative to their situation - a piece of cake right?? ... I am often frustrated by what Bill chooses not to do ...(at least I think its a choice)... I've envied her and her husbands relationship when I see things on TV about them ... how weird is that!!!!!! I've been feeling soooo sad today I'm not sure I should even be posting .... my thoughts are with you today Dana .... I understand the love ... there's never been another option but to stay .... but oh such sadness ....

Obieone

This is what truly struck me down today - the thought of Dana Reeve. I am her. I am devoted and in love truly, madly and deeply with a high level quad. "Matt" (as I have named him here Obieone) is not ventilator dependent, but is otherwise extremely dependent on me and other caregiver having no movement or sensation below the shoulders.

That means he is also very suspectible to the kind of thing that killed Christopher Reeve. Very sobering.

May he rest in peace, may Dana and his children find some kind of peace today, tomorrow and always knowing that he truly was and is a Super Man.

Zillazangel, who has tears in her eyes because it's been a very long day thinking about this....

AS others have already said, There was never any option but to stay. I love my husband more now than before his injury. He is everything to me. I couldn't imagine one day without him.

I hope that Dana can find peace. I cannot imagine the sorrow she must be feeling. To devote yourself so totally to someone, and in a moment to have them no longer there.

Joe and I have been really sad and down. It's like we have lost a member of the family. He gave us such hope after the injury and before I found Carecure

Originally posted by zillazangel:

This is what truly struck me down today - the thought of Dana Reeve. I am her. I am devoted and in love truly, madly and deeply with a high level quad.... ...

That means he is also very suspectible to the kind of thing that killed Christopher Reeve. Very sobering.

May he rest in peace, may Dana and his children find some kind of peace today, tomorrow and always knowing that he truly was and is a Super Man.

Zillazangel, who has tears in her eyes because it's been a very long day thinking about this....
    ZA,
    I share your feelings. My 'high level quad' is so very fortunate to be an 'incomplete'. However, this does not quell the fear I have for our life together and, the possibility that our time will be shortened because of his injury and the lack of treatment that would improve his lifespan.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to Dana, who never left her husbands side, and to their children in their time of loss.
    god bless,
    SoulMate

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.