Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: another name for physiatrist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    another name for physiatrist?

    hi....i haven't posted here in ages and ages.
    i'm currently looking for a physiatrist (sp??......a sci doctor) in my area (long island, NY), and i've seen the term "doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation" or "physical and rehabilitative medicine" in the medicare-hmo book of doctors.
    is that the same thing as a physiatrist?
    i'm hoping so, cuz the word "physiatrist" isn't listed at all.

  2. #2
    Yes, you will usually see them listed under "physical medicine and rehabilitation" (or PM&R). Here is a listing from the board certifying body for physiatrists in your state:


  3. #3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts