Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Found that the book was wonderful, wonderfully written and easy to read, he had a great sense of humour.
    Looking forward to seeing the movie on DVD.

I have not seen or read either, but both the author and transcribers must have been some of the most patient/frustrated people in the world.

When I was first injured and could not talk due to the ventilator I basically communicated that way with people. Some of them could understand the system spell things out, others were hopeless.

One nurse just kept saying A? (I shook my head to indicate it was the wrong letter) A? (shook head again) A? (I closed my eyes and waited for her to leave).
    Last edited by Jeff B; 10-06-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Smile

Actually I am Locked In, so I live the movie on a daily basis. I'm still mad they didn't give me the starring role. Originally Johhny Depp was going to do it.

I am friend's with someone who is also Locked In and shared a room with him. Association of Locked In Syndrome (ALIS) is in France so I finally get to use my six months of high school French. Que ironique!

May I ask if you're locked-in, how is it you dictate to your PC?

I am able to use an onscreen keyboard which I control with eye movement. The Software I use is called SofType by Origin Instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by chiappa
    I am able to use an onscreen keyboard which I control with eye movement. The Software I use is called SofType by Origin Instruments.
    Oh, wow! That's incredible, yet so sad. Having been a paraplegic for almost eleven years now, I cannot imagine losing more ability or freedom than I already have. I find myself unable to reconcile those who must endure the seemingly unimaginable to most people. I long for the day when conditions like ours will be treated to an extent that it doesn't leave the person as imprisoned as we have had to face.

It's all about atitude. I'm incredibly blessed with a family who accepts me and loves me even the way I am. There are many, some on this list that are less fortunate and much stronger than I will ever be.

chiappa, I remember there was a PrimeTime story about you HERE. News article linked from that thread.

Smile

Thanks for remembering!