Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: high level scientific meeting on movement recovery

Hi to all,

On his post about Stem Cell Summit 2008, professirx has recorded the conference and made it available online for all of us.

Who can do that at the Vienna conference?

I can edit the movies after(or any other technical stuff are necessary) and made them available online.

If they are many people which can record the conference is better, but let's share (only if is legal) the recordings to all the members of this forum and world wide.

Many thanks to the researchers and all the participants from Vienna meeting.
    This signature left intentionally blank.

Quote Originally Posted by cypresss
    Hi to all,

On his post about Stem Cell Summit 2008, professirx has recorded the conference and made it available online for all of us.

Who can do that at the Vienna conference?

I can edit the movies after(or any other technical stuff are necessary) and made them available online.

If they are many people which can record the conference is better, but let's share (only if is legal) the recordings to all the members of this forum and world wide.

Many thanks to the researchers and all the participants from Vienna meeting.
    Hello Cypress,

I have some hope to get a video of the conference, If I do I will make it available ASAP. If it is not lagal I don't care much...

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla
    Hello Cypress,

I have some hope to get a video of the conference, If I do I will make it available ASAP. If it is not lagal I don't care much...

Paolo
    wow....this is great
    This signature left intentionally blank.

The meeting is really great. I apologize for not being logging in more and giving a detailed update of the meeting. I am taking a lot of notes. Internet is incredibly expensive here and I am loathe to sign up at €12 for 2 hours. So, I am sort of "squirting" onto internet for 30 minutes at €6 for 30 minutes once a day. So, I am typing as fast as I can here.

In any case, I missed Lima's talk but saw everything from Monday on. I visited the hospital at Univ. Wien (Vienna) and saw the BMCA system and the T11 transcutaneous stimulation method (which activates reflexes). It was quite impressive. Gathered at this meeting are the world's experts on locomotion. Martin Schwab gave a great talk about the anti-NogoA therapy.

It is a practical, translational meeting and there is not a lot of argument whether there are therapies that will work or not. Everybody here believes that there will be therapies but also recognizes that there are many obstacles to getting there and we have to work hard and smart to get there.

Wise.

Thank you for your posting. It's quite inspiring to realize that you all believe there will be therapies. Obstacles are just challenges. Thanks again, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Buxton
    Thank you for your posting. It's quite inspiring to realize that you all believe there will be therapies. Obstacles are just challenges. Thanks again, Scott.
    Scott, there has been a sea shift in the perception of recovery. For the last 20 years, there has been a strong push for the three R's (repair, regeneration, and remyelination) as the only approach to the big R (recovery). Now, there is a feeling that long tract regeneration is neither necessary nor sufficient for regeneration. Even Martin Schwab was saying that plasticity is a very important component of the recovery after NogoA antibody therapy. There is now an openness and acceptance that recovery can occur without repair, regeneration, and remyelination. It is very interesting. I think that many of the doctors are quite excited about chinascinet and I argued that we need to get these trials going all around the world. Many people agree.

Wise

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Scott, there has been a sea shift in the perception of recovery. For the last 20 years, there has been a strong push for the three R's (repair, regeneration, and remyelination) as the only approach to the big R (recovery). Now, there is a feeling that long tract regeneration is neither necessary nor sufficient for regeneration. Even Martin Schwab was saying that plasticity is a very important component of the recovery after NogoA antibody therapy. There is now an openness and acceptance that recovery can occur without repair, regeneration, and remyelination. It is very interesting. I think that many of the doctors are quite excited about chinascinet and I argued that we need to get these trials going all around the world. Many people agree.

Wise
    Dr Young, I am happy to hear that many doctors are quite excited about chinascinet, which I belive is a very good example to follow.
    I am less happy to hear that recovery can occur without repair, regeneration and remyelination as these probably do not apply to my case as I have a complete transection of the spinal cord. I hope many researcer will go on with the three Rs I will probably need first to have access to plasticity

Thank you for the update on the conference.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla
    Dr Young, I am happy to hear that many doctors are quite excited about chinascinet, which I belive is a very good example to follow.
    I am less happy to hear that recovery can occur without repair, regeneration and remyelination as these probably do not apply to my case as I have a complete transection of the spinal cord. I hope many researcer will go on with the three Rs I will probably need first to have access to plasticity

Thank you for the update on the conference.

Paolo
    Paolo, I am committed to the three R's. Rehabilitation is necessary but not always sufficient for recovery. I use the word "rehabilitation" in the most aggressive sense. Repair, Regeneration, and Remyelination will be important for many.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Scott, there has been a sea shift in the perception of recovery. For the last 20 years, there has been a strong push for the three R's (repair, regeneration, and remyelination) as the only approach to the big R (recovery). Now, there is a feeling that long tract regeneration is neither necessary nor sufficient for regeneration. Even Martin Schwab was saying that plasticity is a very important component of the recovery after NogoA antibody therapy. There is now an openness and acceptance that recovery can occur without repair, regeneration, and remyelination. It is very interesting. I think that many of the doctors are quite excited about chinascinet and I argued that we need to get these trials going all around the world. Many people agree. Wise
    Dr. Young,

All very interesting. Thank you.

Can you be more explicit about the idea that "long tract regeneration is neither necessary nor sufficient for regeneration"?

Also, about the growing acceptance that "recovery can occur without repair, regeneration, and remyelination." Is this a reference to activity-based recovery?
    Know Thyself

IS there any media has recorded that event ?