Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: high level scientific meeting on movement recovery

high level scientific meeting on movement recovery

I am heading off today to a week-long meeting in Vienna.
    http://movement.fesworkshop.org/Default.aspx

Observers are welcome. So, if there are people who live in Vienna, they can come. It should be very interesting.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 10-04-2008 at 08:25 AM.

That looks to be a very interesting meeting of scientific minds. And Vienna is a great city - I visited a couple of times and enjoyed it a lot - stayed in an old hotel where it is said Orson Welles stayed while filming scenes for The Third Man. There is a lovely Opera house there and a friend of mine who is a sculptor made a large Memorial piece for all the Jews killed during WWII. It is the cast of the inside of a library - check it out if you have the time. I'm told it is a very moving piece of work. I think its outside location is somewhere very central in the inner city.

I'll be there in spirit!

My rough calculation is that you present from 4:10-5 AM (Pacific ) on Monday morning. I look forward to the possible progress due to the collaboration you all will have.
    Scott.

hi carbar,

are you sure u can't make it

just read the program, should be good

Hey Wise tell Dr. Huang hello and give us reports if possible, a lot of oeg stuff

are any european cc'r going
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    hi carbar,

are you sure u can't make it

just read the program, should be good

Hey Wise tell Dr. Huang hello and give us reports if possible, a lot of oeg stuff

are any european cc'r going

Hi Leo,
    No chance of going i'm afraid. A bit too late to arrange flight, hotel etc and change schedule here.

I can see a foundation from over here by the name “Foundation for Movement Recovery” is the sponsor for the event. Who are they? Haven’t heard a peep about them. Is it some secret underground movement? Besides what is Carlos Lima and a few others doing there, is that ‘high level scientific’ serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    I can see a foundation from over here by the name “Foundation for Movement Recovery” is the sponsor for the event. Who are they? Haven’t heard a peep about them. Is it some secret underground movement? Besides what is Carlos Lima and a few others doing there, is that ‘high level scientific’ serious?
    I agree Leif,

I was told about this "Sumer School" a while ago, but when I have seen Carlos Lima, Giorgio Brunelli (an italian I don't racomand) etc. are there I started to be sceptical about this event. I hope Prof. Young will ask Caros Lima to stop playing with damaged human spinal cord.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by Leif

Lima seems to spend so much time on the lecture/talk circuit that it is no wonder he never has time to publish his results. I saw him in France last year, he gave quite a lengthy talk but at the end said he had no time to publish a definitive peer-review paper. Wonder if that is still the case? His talk was not impressive or inspiring.

If oeg procedure worked I SHOULD HAVE SOME IMPROVMENTS AFTER 2 YEARS ...ONLY NEUROPHATIC PAIN AND INCREASED SPASTICITY ....SAD AND TRUE.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by carbar
    Lima seems to spend so much time on the lecture/talk circuit that it is no wonder he never has time to publish his results. I saw him in France last year, he gave quite a lengthy talk but at the end said he had no time to publish a definitive peer-review paper. Wonder if that is still the case? His talk was not impressive or inspiring.
    all show , no go