Thread: green card

green card

There's a person we'd like to hire as an aide, but she doesn't have a green card yet. She's been approved for one since 2001. Is there any way to speed up the process and get her card issued?

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Alan, this does not sound right. If she actually has a green card application in place, she can apply for a temporary work permit until it is obtained, but it would not take this long once the green card is approved.

You might want to do some reading on the INS website on this. I found this information about green cards:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm

Of course you can take a risk and hire her without it, but if the INS finds her not only will you loose your attendant but you could be fined (and if you ever want to run for President or be appointed to the Supreme Court, you could be in trouble!!! )

(KLD)

my friend is from romania, and he too has been waiting years for his green card. he is able to work with a permit though. check into it lihe teh nurse said. i am sure she is eligible to work if she has her ducks in a row.

****MORE OHIO CC RAGE INFO COMING SOON!****

We don't want to do anything illegal. I don't know why she can't get the green card issued.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

You can contact your representative and explain the situation. When I had an issue that was somewhat similar I contacted Congresswoman Jane Harman and she went "to bat for me."

Good luck.

PN