Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ahhhh THAT'S the definition of serendipity..

ahhhh THAT'S the definition of serendipity..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1757267.ece

£150 fine... for staying too long at the KFC

FAST food fan Natalie Jackson was hit with a £150 fine at KFC — for staying too long gorging on a monster-sized “family bucket”.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Maybe she should walk her fata** up there next time. Then she could burn all those calories off and maybe have the sun fade that pathetic pink crap in her hair! How the hell can you feast on all that garbage 3 times a week. Reminds me of Morgan Spurlock and how he just about killed himself eating McDonalds for 30 days straight. Disgusting!

OMG! That story made me ill to my stomach. I don't know how someone could ingest that much into their system and not be sick from it. In one meal, she eats three times the recommended daily calorie intake by the Health Department.

It's her life, but damn, that's serious medical health issues on its way.

Didn't it say she's training to be a nurse as well? I used to like KFC, but it tastes like all grease. I don't know how anyone can eat all that and so often per week.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Normally, I don't actively engage in the language lessons that sometimes occur in threads. But I like to learn. I'm missing how this incident is an example of "serendipity"? My understanding is that it refers to an unexpected occurrence of good fortune? Please explain what I missed.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Normally, I don't actively engage in the language lessons that sometimes occur in threads. But I like to learn. I'm missing how this incident is an example of "serendipity"? My understanding is that it refers to an unexpected occurrence of good fortune? Please explain what I missed.
    Ah! Foolish, here begineth the first and probably wrong lesson..........

I think Paul was referring to the serendipitous outcome of the fine being her reaction "I'm never going in there again".

Of course KFC's loss will be McD's gain!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    I'm being facetious. The 'good fortune' is that maybe being fined for it might make her realise.

Probably not
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

My guess is that she will reconcile with KFC - love can overcome all. Thanks for the explanation, I thought the word might possibly have an additional or different meaning in English.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1757267.ece

£150 fine... for staying too long at the KFC

FAST food fan Natalie Jackson was hit with a £150 fine at KFC — for staying too long gorging on a monster-sized “family bucket”.
    I really feel for this girl:

The 24-year-old fumed yesterday: “I'm disgusting. I spend a lot of money in there. Now I’m never going back.” Hefty bill ... diner Natalie with her.

Ops, did I miscopy that quote?

But like I said, I feel for her... but I can't reach my arms around her, and I've got long arms.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I have to admit I do not understand the fine. Yes, it's more than anyone should ever eat, on the other hand, I presume she paid for it and it was her chicken to eat, to excess or otherwise. Like KFC realy cares.....they have made their fortune by feeding greasy chicken (raised in horrendous conditions) to anyone willing to buy it. It's hypocrisy.