Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally got me a dog

Quote Originally Posted by Seenkid101
    She is Beautiful!! There in nothing better than saving a dog from a potentially bad life. You did a good thing!!
    I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
    True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end.

- Shannon

To get a closer look into my life:
    www.lovecommashannon.blogspot.com

You are not going to regret it. Beautiful dog.
    I like to have a dog too, but to take it out for a walk in the snow would have been a disaster so I have my two cats instead
    TH 12, 43 years post

I Love those EARS!
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

She is such a beautiful dog! I got mine from Petfinder.com (same thing as a rescue) and I couldn't have found a better dog! Hope you two have a most wonderful life together!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by maryonwheels46
    Baron
    You need a Mexican dog. How do you spell Chihuahua. They are mean as heck. Boy, they are ankle biters. We have had 4 in the family and they are very protective. They may be small but you can't tell them that. My brother has a male miniature wenny dog that will bit the crap out of anyone who gets close to him.
    Baron, I have some kind of chihuahua cross breed, I think pug/chihuahua. I call him a chug. See on my lap in my avatar? 16 pounds, stocky, built like a pug, he pulls my wheelchair uphill. He is real protective and loyal. I rescued him and he has never forgotten it.

Mary-Way to go! I admire you, I could never do the puppy stage again, adult dogs only for me! Big dogs take longer to smarten up out of the puppy stage I think. I called my friend in NM the other day, she's down 8 prs of shoes and 1 cell phone, due to her new rescue LOL.

But worth it in the end.

I was gonna say she's beautiful blahblah but that's so obvious, nothing prettier than a German Shepherd. Nothing smarter, either.

The best dog I ever had looked just like this one and I got her from petfinders, years ago. I spent hours on the internet looking up shelters and places for a basset hound but my puter would keep going to the shelter to the town down the road to this dog.
    I was reluctant because she was still a pup. But she never gets into anything when I'm gone but everything when I'm here. She has brought me 5 prs. of shoes. She brought in a log last night. What a mess on the floor. Like a kid, negative attention is better than no attention. With a doggy door she has never crapped in the house. Yep, you should see the both of use piled up in the bed.
    Betheny, like I said, those Chihuahua mix make protective dogs.

BTW, most no kill dog shelters will bring the dog to you.
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Wow Mary Way to go! I'm so happy for you!
    She's gorgeous and sounds very smart at 6 mos.
    She'll be your best friend in no time. Enjoy!

NEVER crapped on the floor? Wow! Even Dingo has, once at my house the first night, and once at my Dad's. Sigh. B/c my Dad is really anal retentive about his beautiful, expensive home. So of COURSE Dingo crapped there!

It's such a big house, and the carpet is like quicksand, I guess I just didn't get to the front to let Dingo out in time. Sometimes I think about setting up a cot in the entryway of that damned house LOL.

Of course, a Dingo turd is the size of a chapstick or 2. Nothing to really panic about.

I know a trick to make a dog poop so you don't have to worry about it later. Take a paper match, wet the end you would strike to light it w spit, stick it up his little b-hole with that end going in. It will come back out quite soon. They use this trick w/ hunting dogs, show dogs, any kind of dog that needs to concentrate at a given time.

Magic Bullet for dogs.

No dog can focus if they're thinking about where to do their business. Dogs are like, "Business First"!

I want a doggy door SO BAD. I may hire a contractor to install one, actually. This house is half mine...

Mary, you so scored finding a shelter pup that was house broken. Wheelchairs and indoor dog turds make for such a bad day.

Congrats Mary ..... such a pretty face !

I believe rescued dogs know they've been rescued and make great pets. Our pound puppy is part shepherd part rottie and is such a good dog ..... 'cept for her bark sometimes ... if you startle her its a scary sound ... but she and Bill are best buddies. He's taught her to do a few things and she goes where he goes!! I hope you'll have many happy times together.

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone
    I believe rescued dogs know they've been rescued and make great pets.
    I absolutely agree!

Beautiful dog!

Congrats!