Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falling asleep continously

Angry Falling asleep continously

Hello,

I know that it has been discussed already but...

I'm tired all the time. I can sleep 12 hrs and still be tired once I get up.... I sit on the computer to get work done and fall asleep....

Blood work came good... Blood pressure is always low (90s/50s) I take 5mg ditropan and 40mg Baclofen.... But need to remain awake to achieve things!

My memory is also getting bad, can't properly concentrate, and get a headache when I snap out of these spontaneous "naps".

My MD just referred me to a neuro, will schedule appt. but wonder if anyone experienced this, and how they "fixed" it?

Thanks
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

I also feel lethargic all day. I donĀ“t move much and stopped excercising, but feel tired most of the time. I think it is probably lack of excercise, eventhough before, when I excercised a little, I felt pretty much the same.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Get checked for sleep apnea.

canuk,

While I no longer discard options, I hesitate to think it is apnea as:

1. My BP is low, not high
    2. I hardly snore (I'm told)
    3. I sleep on my side, with my head elevated

I'll look into it anyhow... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Polett
    I hesitate to think it is apnea as:
    1. My BP is low, not high
    2. I hardly snore (I'm told)
    3. I sleep on my side, with my head elevated
    High blood pressure is not a significant risk factor for sleep apnea. Many people with sleep apnea never snore. It is very possible to have sleep apnea sleeping on your side or even on your stomach.

If you have a SCI, you are at relatively high risk for sleep apnea. Only a sleep study can determine if this is happening with you. Do you ever wake up in the AM with a headache? This is common in sleep apnea. Obesity is a major risk factor as well.

When you say you had your blood work done, what labs were tested? Did you have a TSH level done? Have you been worked up for thyroid deficiency?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse

When you say you had your blood work done, what labs were tested? Did you have a TSH level done? Have you been worked up for thyroid deficiency?

(KLD)
    As always, thanks for the replies.

According to my Dr., she tested for everything as I had been complaining about this for a while. She said thyroids looked good, go home.... She even said that BP was not dangerously low for which she did not feel the need to med me.

As for waking up with a headache, yes I do when I stay in bed for 12hrs or more (Sundays if I'm lucky)... When I dose off throught the day, I get headaches; and should I dare take a nap, I wake up in a terrible mood and a headache for sure. In fact, headaches & migranes are very common in me.

I guess I should ask the neuro for an apnea eval? What else?

At the very least, take a high potency Vitamin B complex after eating breakfast.

It will help convert food to energy.

What is your daily food intake consist of?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Could be the bacofen, its low, but you could just be intolerant.

Patonb might be on to something. I could not tolerate baclofen. It put me into a state of depression. I cried and slept all the time while taking it.

Hope you find the root of your problem soon.

Polett,
    I also woke up never feeling refreshed, even after sleeping 14 hours and napping during the day, and often with headaches. I am thin, am told I rarely snore, have a slender neck, and don't typically sleep on my back. Fortunately a boyfriend tipped me off that he noticed I would stop breathing during my sleep. Yep, lo and behold, I suffer from severe sleep apnea. Since getting my CPAP machine I have more energy, have given up my naps, and no longer wake up with the headaches. Too bad it took me 13 years to figure out the culprit. I wish you the best of luck figuring out what your problem is.