Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Urgent: Take Action Now-cdrpa

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VJS
    I could'nt watch C-SPAN2 this afternoon. Is there a clip of Harkin and Coburn's debate available?
    Video was posted here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=108043
    Paralyze resistance with persistence.
    T-12

Jeepers, it's very hard not to call Coburn's office and leave a message with George Carlin's 7 words.... What a horse's posterior!

I emailed my CA senators thanking them for their support. And tonight I'll email Harkin's office as well.

Thee Gov holds out until we, I pay- the working broke bankrupt man....me. So whaaaaaaa all the rich and retiered greedy. You lost you savings.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Sacrificial lambs. Coburn drew this line in the sand years ago. Harkin is the only one with the passion and the balls to take him on about it.

I sure wish we hadn't been the sacrificial lambs. I've never been so proud as to be spoken of favorably by Senator Tom Harkin. Make no mistake, under that aw-shucks exterior he is scary smart.

He just couldn't believe Coburn let it out of committee, in order to shoot it down now.

Coburn never IMAGINED we'd get as far as we have. He underestimated us badly. That's why he was stammering and stuttering there. He's thinking "I should have killed it in committee...cuz I sure look like a big asshole now."

I wonder what it costs financially, the process of putting a bill thru several committees, a House vote and a 20 minute screaming match on the Senate floor? If time is money, we were very expensive this year. Coburn needs to offset THAT.

I'll quit writing. What I want to say right now would land me in jail. In Oklahoma. For terroristic threats. Then I'd be in jail in a state where the US Senator knows my name. Something tells me that would not be pleasant for me.

I will say, we raised more hell up there than I've seen on C-span in a very long while. It's a start.
    Can I be your jail mate?

I'd rather cross Senator Coburn than Diamond Downs.

Besides, I'm such an outlaw they'll probably put me in solitary confinement.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I'm such an outlaw they'll probably put me in solitary confinement.
    Well that should give you good reason to behave yourself. Just think to yourself...Is that what matt would do?... before you act.

Maybe I'll get one of those bracelets "WWHD?" LOL. What Would Hunker Do?