Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plasma or LCD?

If you want LCD the two best brands are Sony and Toshiba. If you want Plasma the two best are Panasonic and Pioneer
    Injured 08-09-98
    C4-6

-I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

So drnader, have you gone with plasma or LCD?

I've been searching reviews and info and I think I may go with a plasma. I'm now thinking the Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ800U. A 46" is getting to be a little large for the living room. 42" is nice. And plasma is more my taste.

I think if distance long of 5m than only PLASMA!

My friends and nephew say LCD. I recently purchased 65" Mitsubishi DLP and love it. I'm terrified,I'd knock thin LCD over. lol
    Tvs are all pretty good and it's a matter of personal choice. Sharp seems to be a hot tv and Samsung seems to be best buy for quality set.

I bought the 61" samsung LED projection and it has a great picture and because its light emitting diodes it will never burn out or fade. its 1080p and on my blue ray player the picture is awesome. I bought it last year for 2,200 bucks. It was way cheaper than the LCD or Plasma going for 6 grand. only 50"

Quote Originally Posted by soonerborn View Post
    I bought the 61" samsung LED projection and it has a great picture and because its light emitting diodes it will never burn out or fade. its 1080p and on my blue ray player the picture is awesome. I bought it last year for 2,200 bucks. It was way cheaper than the LCD or Plasma going for 6 grand. only 50"
    The LED is a much better technology. I would consider getting a Samsung LED TV but I have a lot of ambient light in my living room so I don't think it will work (too much glare). Otherwise, this makes sense.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    The LED is a much better technology. I would consider getting a Samsung LED TV but I have a lot of ambient light in my living room so I don't think it will work (too much glare)
    How is it "better technology" if you can only watch it in a dark room? My folks just bought a new plasma TV to replace a giant, CRT TV they've had for years. It was the latest and greatest and coolest thing a decade ago, but it always had a problem with glare. It was set up in a great room that was designed to let in the most daylight possible and depending on where you sat in the room, glare was a big to really big issue. Now, with the plasma, you get a beautiful picture during the day, no matter where you are in the room.

C.

I've got the Sammy 61" LED RPtv in my living room, replaced a 5yr old 1st edition Sammy 61" DLP RPtv.

The LED is waaay brighter than the old lamp version. Got 3 windows and a glass door and I have no problem with PQ even in bright sunlight.

No lamp, no fan, no colorwheel, instant on; a big improvement.
    Last edited by McDuff; 10-28-2008 at 09:56 AM.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    I've got the Sammy 61" LED RPtv in my living room, replaced a 5yr old 1st edition Sammy 61" DLP RPtv.

The LED is waaay brighter than the old lamp version. Got 3 windows and a glass door and I have no problem with PQ even in bright sunlight.

No lamp, no fan, no colorwheel, instant on; a big improvement.
    I never regret buying the biggest screen tv that will fit in the room in which it's being placed.

Well, I ordered a Plasma in the Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ800U brand and model. I didn't want to sit and watch my tv where my tv told me to sit and watch. So, that's why I went with Plasma.

Here's the review from cnet of the 50" in the same model.