Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Shannon. I'm 23 years old. I just wanted to take a quick minute to introduce myself as I plan on using this site quite frequently. I was introduced to this site by my other half (Megan aka Seenkid101 as her username).

From November of 2007 until recently (since she's gained her independence back) I was not only her partner, but her caregiver. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can. I feel that having a strong bond with people who can understand your situation is very important. We currently attend 2 spinal cord injury support groups a month. One here in Asheville,NC where we live, and one in Charlotte,NC where the accident occured. We've met many amazing people along the way and plan on meeting many more!

Thanks for reading!
    True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end.

- Shannon

To get a closer look into my life:
    www.lovecommashannon.blogspot.com

Welcome Shannon! It breaks my heart every time someone as young as you needs to seek us out yet at the same time I'm so thankful you did find us !!

What ever your question don't hesitate to ask ..... and if you need to vent .... do ..... the Caregiving forum can be kinda quiet at times and then holy smokes someone lets the dogs out and all hell breaks loose ! Either way there's plenty of reading to read and learn from ..... please visit often!!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Welcome peasnluv.

Welcome aboard
    Gingerbread Man

If you don't like how it is, do a 180 turn and get the opposite.

Welcome to CareCure.

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    welcome. u guys both seem to have a great attitude. keep up the good work and keep lovin and supporting eachother.
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Thumbs up

Hey! welcome n all that shit, lol.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Hi Shannon, remember me, we met last Saturday in Charlotte. Anyway, I'm glad to see you here. I can tell that you and Megan really love each other. That's great! Hang in there. My partner and I have been together 14 years. It hasn't always been easy (even bearable...lol) but love always stands the test of time, trials, whatever hardships life may bring. Keep growing stronger together.

Welcome aboard Shannon. All the best to you and Megan.

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone
    Welcome Shannon! It breaks my heart every time someone as young as you needs to seek us out yet at the same time I'm so thankful you did find us !!

What ever your question don't hesitate to ask ..... and if you need to vent .... do ..... the Caregiving forum can be kinda quiet at times and then holy smokes someone lets the dogs out and all hell breaks loose ! Either way there's plenty of reading to read and learn from ..... please visit often!!

Obieone
    Thank you so much, you have no idea how much appreciative I am.

True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end.

- Shannon

To get a closer look into my life:
    www.lovecommashannon.blogspot.com