Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm having dinner with Dr. Young!

Kate
    please check private topics.
    Thanks
    lway

GO BRUINS

So how was the dinner? Did Ang tell Wise hi and thank you for me like she said she would? :P

Stupidity is not a handicap. Please park elsewhere.

Wise, posted some great pictures of the dinner in Seattle and also one of him w/tbird and cass. They're in the Washington CC chapter forum.

Oooh...thanks Martha.

Stupidity is not a handicap. Please park elsewhere.

So, maybe you've seen the photos in the Washington state forum. If I were you, I'd be wondering what Wise is like . . .

An example is best. It's late after a long day (which began for me with a 6 am shift at Starbuck's!) and I'm at dinner in a noisy restaurant, with Curirupur-Angela on one side and AngelaKC on the other. Dr. Young is directly across from me, talking about 4AP with Bruce and AngelaKC.

I'm half-listening to their conversation, sipping my wine, and catching up with the other Angela and Cspine while I wait for my shrimp linguini. Once in awhile Dr. Young looks directly across at me, and the feeling is like-yes, I know you, and it's so good to see you again-and I smile as if I'm with a family member I rarely see but always enjoy. The secret pleasure of knowing that someone you admire really sees you.

This man with his casual clothes and warm, sharp eyes is the reason Bruce is looking so tall in the picture. He's the reason all of us here at CC have a place to come with our losses and questions and triumphs. He's sitting there telling us about a gonzo-crazy experiment a friend of his did--having to do with hypnosis and warts and whether or not you can roll your eyes up so that only the whites show, and I'm absurdly pleased that I can do it!

Wise is just as he ought to be. He's ordinary and special, and he knows that everyone else is, too.

Hi Kate,

It was good to finally meet you and Bruce in person! And of course Wise.

Just curious to see photos?

Angela

Hi, Angela--the pix are in the Washington state forum . . . along with tentative plans to get together again.

k

dont show shame us kate by talking with your mouth full...

serious, get some pictures ok.

they posted the pics in the washington state forum...

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.