Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special needs trust account

Quote Originally Posted by Israel View Post
    hello everybody i was just wondering will, right now im just attending schoool fulltime student vocab is paying for my school, and right now me and my wife are trying to get a home if i get a home under my name will vocah rehab still keep paying for my school andy advice thanks guy or will it effect in anyway my benefits thanks alot
    Voc. Rehab. used to only do a 'needs test' when the person was in a college and requested VR help for college costs. VR would have the college Financial Aid officer complete an income analysis and report back to VR the amount of VR financial help the person needed. VR typically might cover tuition, books, gas allowance, and devices, etc. needed for the school work.

They don't care about your home, car. If you are receiving SSDI (sufficient work credited to your SS acount), home is not considered. However, if you are receiving SSI (low income, very limited work history) various assets may be considered. Best to ask SS person if you are on SSI.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Feisty, you might try calling your county bar association and asking for a referral to someone who specializes in this. They should know.

(KLD)
    Just fyi, I called them and they charge you to refer you to a snt lawyer, and they told me three times I had to pay the money RIGHT NOW. I've googled and found them on my own, I guess I should have modified my post and asked if anyone knew of a good one. Thanks, though, kld
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Feisty, you might try calling the social work department at the Sacramento Shriner's Hospital...I bet they would know who the good ones are in the area, and who they refer families too, as this would be frequent need for their clients.

I am shocked that your CA Bar Association office charges for referrals. Are you sure this was who you were talking to, and now some for-profit legal referral service?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Feisty, you might try calling the social work department at the Sacramento Shriner's Hospital...I bet they would know who the good ones are in the area, and who they refer families too, as this would be frequent need for their clients.

I am shocked that your CA Bar Association office charges for referrals. Are you sure this was who you were talking to, and now some for-profit legal referral service?

(KLD)
    I was shocked too! I was shocked I hadn't thought of that idea it seemed like such a good one! I immediately called and she transferred me to a guy so said 'fifty bucks' to me three times. I told him Google is still free and just hung up.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.